The Rane TTM 57 SL is a high quality DJ Mixer with an interface all in one unit. This mixer works with the software called Serato which I am very familiar with. There are a lot of effects that come right on the mixer! This unit is perfect for the mobile DJ who also wants to have is computer be a part of his set up. I have been using this mixer from the early part of this year up till now. The outputs are very clean and all of the faders are well built and don’t feel cheap. This mixer can do a lot for it to be just a simple 2 channel mixer.
You can use this mixer in depth if you use it with Serato Live. Using it with Serato will had another huge hand full of effects that you can use outside of the owns that are already on the mixer. This mixer is a great mixer and set up to have if you are a performing DJ or even into the DJ Battle scene.
If you use this as a interface it will give you 4 digital ins and 4 digital outs right into your computer so you can record your sets or record anything you wish to record. The mixer is very quiet and does not make a sound, it can get a little warm though if left running for a long time which is normal for any gear.
You can rack the Rane TTM 57 SL up if you choose, the manual is easy to understand you just need to make sure you computer can handle the TTM 57 SL and more importantly make sure that Serato is compatible with your system. Which is should be as long as you computer is not more than 5 years old. For the price and everything that you get with this mixer. I put it on the top of the list for mixers to purchase, especially for a live DJ. It is a must buy!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
dj tema's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)" the bomb"
Mixer Pro DJ Special 2 Channels Dedicated to Serato Scratch Live Sound Card integrated. The TTM 57 SL is simply the best selling console for DJ Hip-Hop!
- Pro DJ Mixer
- 2 analog channels Phono / Line
- Equalizer Full Cut 3 strips per channel per band Kill Switch
- 1 Microphone Input with Engage switch, gain and 2-band EQ
- Magnetic faders wear out (no friction)
- Contour and Reverse independent
- Internal DSP (update firmware USB1.1)
- Scratch Live Control Bar with buttons, encoders and programmable joysticks
- Outputs Main, Booth and Aux out with independent volumes
- Monitoring headphones with level, pan Cue Mix Main
- External Effect ™ FlexFX assignable PGM1, PGM2 or both
- Connector for footswitch
- Internal Universal Power
- The console can operate without software
- 2 2 vinyls and CDs are encoded OFFERED Time
- Dedicated Scratch Live:
- Ability to mix and scratch digital music files from turntables and / or CDs in real time
- Possibility to mix up to 4 sources
- Record your mixes stereo
- Creating loops on the fly by button or footswitch
- Streaming audio 8 channels (4 input channels, 4 channels out,
16 bit / 44.1 kHz)
- Internal effects: delay with filter and 6 points possible insertion
- Weight: 3.8 Kg
- Dimensions: 254x43x102 mm
The general configuration is it simple?
Absolutely, we follow the manual for the connections, plug and running.
The usual functions are they easily accessible?
It takes time to adapt to master the shortcuts in the TTM 57SL and SSL.
The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
We need to go get the manual Audiopole (in French).
The console is transparent?
Absolutely, Rane provides on this point.
Introduced she breath?
Not at all.
The equalizer is effective? ...
How long have you been using?
What is so special that you like most and least?
Plus, the SSL protocol, the magnetic crossfader and faders (a massacre), product quality, strength.
At least I see it.
Did you try many other models before buying it?
Gemini, DJ Technics SH-1200, Vestax PMC 05 ...
How do you rate the quality / price?
Expensive, but there's no denying it's quality.
With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Absolutely, although today I dellaisé turntablism and therefore I most certainly orienteré on solutions all in one (but that's another debate).
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
nuptial's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)