Kurzweil PC2R
Emeraldbird1 Emeraldbird1
Published on 11/28/03 at 01:52
The topo Dr. Frog is more than enough on the technical specifications of PC2R. I would add just that with the OS 3.10, there is a better management Gnral Midi (GM) as the optimization of rglage effects (setting the scale of the intensity and VLOC for better return of MIDI files. Being given the power of KDFX (PC2R the effect module, but also sries K2600), this adjustment is necessary to avoid saturating the reverb or chorus pieces ...

Regarding connectivity, the output of prsence numrique is fabulous, especially since we can choose the size of two hands (16, 20 or 24bit) in addition frquences, and this according to the unit receiver. I use my Roland VS880 and it is impeccable.

Gnrale configuration is not very easy from the start (at least for those accustomed to traditional expander XG / GS / GM), especially if you want to use the PC2R for s quences (PC sequencer or hard).

It should be matriser KURZWEIL philosophy. I had to spend some time to understand why KURZWEIL uses "remaping MIDI". In fact ils'agit to ensure that returning MIDI channel can be ordered jusuq '4 output. Simply put, if you play from a keyboard matre, you can control 4 DIFFERENT MIDI channels at the same time. Each channel has its Manir of our answer to the physical controllers PC2R, which is trs INTERESTED live, but not much in the studio for squence.

The manual is in English I and my opinion is average. I've seen better ... but hey, with the exprience, you get there without worry, it's why I put 9.

The edition sounds? ... I say that it is not worth even thinking about it, the factory presets are so well done, and it KURZWEIL. For the purists, even when I would add a little "DECAY" on some strings, but ...

In my opinion, is the only expander that restores precision with a range of acoustic sounds simultaneously. The pianos, basses, acoustic guitars, brass, strings, it is excellent. The b3 is good for accompaniment chords, but a little dcevant for real organ playing .... Analog sounds are not top, but it is not for a. .. so it does not affect my rating.
The dark sounds in drum kits, there is no brush kit or Jazz ... and then the volume of each instrument of the battery can not be changed via the RPN or NRPN command (this is not a normal XG ;-)).

Verdict, the sounds sound "very professional" for all that is acoustic, and it is primarily the domain for which I use. However, some advanced MIDI controls' sysex, etc ...) are not gre by Kurzweil.

One thing I saw pass DIFFERENT expanders (NS5R Korg, Roland JV1080, Korg M3R, Yamaha MU80, KMP1 Kurzweil, Kurzweil KME1 .... etc and synths (Korg M1, T1, 01W, Trinity , Triton, ... Yamaha DX7, SY77, SY99 ... Roland XP80, Fantom FA76 ... at least for 16 years, but it is my PC2R purchase the millennium for what I did. plutt I am inspired by jazz, soul, funk, Latin, R & B.

If c'tait again, I would buy their eyes closed. It's so fun to have the money.

Emeraldbird1