It is now two years since I used. I had not tried any model before buying it except a small controller Hercules is incomparable.
What I like most is the affected Pioneer, I've realized when I tested other plates are less sensitive buttons less pleasant ect.
I also really appreciate Tracktor. The DDJ T1 4 track which is nice.
What I like least is the price of the flight case ^^.
I find the quality / price ratio great especially now because it casiment half price. It is great for beginners and for professional development. It takes up very little space which is convenient when it is transported.
I think I would do this choice with experience.
Have you tried many other models before buying it?
Very few controllers, but I had all kinds of CDJ (200, 800, 1000 850) and I had the opportunity to mix on CDJ 2000.
I specify that gave it to me for my birthday.
What is the particular feature you like best and least?
- The pots, faders and buttons are the same as a set CDJ + DJM, so that someone who is used to mix on CDJ is not lost.
- Any kind of features available with Traktor, for which we need to invest a lot of money if you want to stay in CDJ.
- 2 mini boxes effects (one above each plate) on which you can assign three different effects, 7 or 8 are delivered with the software and you can download more. I would add that the effects available on both Traktor and a DJM, operate more accurately and are more manageable than the DJM.
- You can see the entire spectrum of each track (2 or 4 to choose from), in the same way as the nexus CDJ900 or CDJ2000, but with the precision of a real computer screen.
- Slight lag somewhat surprising coming out of CDJ, but little embarrassing and that you get used quickly. I said that my pc is not very powerful, so it just be upgraded with a beefier machine.
- Fear of computers: The controller is completely dependent on the PC (or Mac), if the plant ... more sound!
Until now it has never happened to me, but when we do parties, we always branch CDJ and DJM more ...
- The routes console 4 is only for 4-way Traktor. There is no connection to connect CDJ, unlike KontrolS4 for example, and that's a shame!
- The size of the machine: For me it is a PLUS is approached by a pair of small CDJ (200, 350, 400) with a console, which is nice when you are accustomed to real turntables. But for some, it should be a problem, because once in a flight case, it takes almost as much space as real turntables. It loses one of the strengths of the controller: portability. But retains the main: the price!
How would you rate the quality / price?
Excellent as base can already do more things, more simply with the CDJ, and of course, as is the Traktor software on computer, there are always things to download more ... (but no need to my part).
With experience, you do again this choice?
As I said earlier, this is a gift ... But this gift has not happened by chance, friends familiar with the gear mix ...
And for my part if I had to buy a controller, I would have taken this one
PS: T1 (Traktor) is ideal for electronic music, HipHop and for those who like scratch, S1 (with Serrato) is more suitable and jog too.
1 people found this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
mathieu.niledo's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
I love the plug and play, no need to be a computer to start using it.
The all-in-one for a nominal fee.
The size of jogs, it is really comfortable with.
The needle search, very convenient not need to turn jogs like a nag to find the right time to the song.
I do not like the finish: plastic ...
The lack of XLR is boring usually in clubs or elsewhere, it's XLR. If you are mobile you obtain 2 adapters Jack XLR male.
Jogs are a bit noisy despite their good sizes.
The absence of a VU meter on the console.
The absence of booth monitor, can not connect back and adjust the volume from the console
With the experience I remake that choice without hesitation. This is a good compromise between the pro and semi-pro