Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 8i6 and PT10 - "ASIO device properties have been changed..."

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
Topic Scarlett 8i6 and PT10 - "ASIO device properties have been changed..."
Hi everyone,

I've been working on getting my new copy of Pro Tools 10 up and running, and have been encountering a problem upon startup where I get an error message that reads: "ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarted for these changes to take effect. Please restart Pro Tools."

I've seen this on a lot of other forums but never in regards to the interface I own, which is the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. I'm using a PC running Windows 7 with a 64-bit system.

Restarting Pro Tools like the message suggests of course has no effect. I have also tried rebooting my computer, and uninstalling and reinstalling both Pro Tools and the driver for the interface. I also tried going into my main sound settings and assigning the interface to every available default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much.
-Kate
This was one of the most frustrating things ever - as soon as I got my 8i6 out of the box, I ran into this issue. Fortunately it's easy. Unfortunately every time you want to switch sample rates, you have to run through the fix again. I record everything at 24-bit/48kHz, so for me it was "set once and never worry about it again". But I'll tell you, it's something I won't soon forget. I wish Focusrite and/or Avid would address it. It's probably a PT issue as Reaper never caused me this kind of grief and I could switch sample rates between sessions with no trouble.

Anywho, the solution is at this post on the DUC: http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1907470&postcount=1

Basically it involves the Sound control panel, setting the recording and playback to your desired sample rate, and then opening Pro Tools and your session.

Hope this helps!
Hey I was having this problem for a long time, but I FIXT IT!!! ok so if your still having this problem, then this is what you need to do, number 1 make sure you have 4 or mor GIGS of ram, ok, and here is the number 1 thing that fixed my problem with the asio error, I took my VGA graphic video card out and put one in that says nVideo on it, Geforce has a card like that, and as long as it has the nVideo chipset in there your good, put the new vga nVideo card in and bingo, problems solved, pro tools has major conflics when you use any other graphic video card that does not have the nVideo chipset in it, also your firewire card has to have the TI chipset in it, i replaced my old one with a new one from Siig and it has the ti chipset in it, and that worked great, no audio jumps or skips or anything, but the major one here is change your video graphic card, trust me, even though it has nothing to do with audio, it still conflicted with pro tools and would trip the sync a bit, try it out guys spread the word