E-MU MP-7

MP-7, Groove Machine from E-MU.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the E-MU MP-7

E-MU MP-7
A sampler is the only thing standing between this being an industry standard rather than the mpc. It has tons of buttons and knobs to tweaks sounds, and the ability to mute and umute tracks on the fly. It also has a really cool touch strip which I find to very useful.

Price paid: 352 USD

Aside from the manual which takes a master's degree to understand. The machince its self is very easy to navigate. Most if not all the functions become second nature within a couple of hours of use. Thank god since the manual is so useless. It's one of the most transparent machines out there when it come to getting your ideas out quickly.

Nice basses, good synths, pianos are kinda weak, but overall the presets are very nice. Plus there is and onboard chorus seperate from the rest of the effects to fattening up your sound.

The quality of the mp7 seems very good. I haven't had it long enough to make a fair judgement yet, but haven't had any problems yet.

I would have to this is one machine i would nevr part with. My only wish is for emu to come out with a sampler version of this machine. That would leave every other drum machine maker trembling

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: asr-10 reppa ( 3-, 2006)

E-MU MP-7
Sequencer is very powerful and can take any mpc (not takin 4000 in count) out. editing sequences is easy, adding groove, and live-helps are very nice.

990€

Read the manual once, learn the rest by using it. Very simple. unless you're an idiot.

I've had mine for about 3 years now, never needed any service. Knobs seem solid and it's made of aluminium/steel, very rugged material.

Very clear and good samplewaveforms. Editing on sounds is easy and layering em makes em more solid and stronger. Drums and bass-sounds are definitive strong points here, lack of pianos etc is a drag, but you can get another ROM for that.

It's one machine I won't be selling anytime soon. Fully expanded with roms, i've got the OS in my backbone. Makin beats with it is still as fun as it was the first day.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: 1005 ( 6-, 2005)

E-MU MP-7
I really like it's sequencer and soundmodule part, but as others mentioned i'm missing a sampler (well, i simply got myself a dedicated sampler and together this setup is incredible) i would recommend upgrading it with other e-mu rom's

As others mentioned, it's not really a "plug and play" device.. it definitely needs some knowledge, and if you don't have any at all the monstrous manual can be quite confusing.. if you work yourself into this machine and know what you're doing it's powerful though and fast to use

Most of the sounds are great, but some have some noise afterwards (i.e. a hat playing right after a snarehit).. it's a good module for hip hop drumsounds, even though they could be more punchy.. i also like the basses

It's a solid piece of hardware.. i like the pads better than on the mpc's i've played around with

how much i love it? well, i currently do most of my sequencing with it, and together with my akai sampler it's the main piece of my setup

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: baggysound ( 6-, 2005)

E-MU MP-7
Sampler...Sampler...Sampler, the main thing they forgot. Why create a hip hop workstation with no sampling???

748.00

This isn't a "1-2-3" now I know how to use it type of thing. It takes time and headaches. With so many features the human mind can be overwhelmed. One of the main things which bothered me the most was it's 2 line LCD sreen. You have to cursor everything around. But when you comprehend it's basics, it's an alright machine.

I owned it for about 3 weeks. On the second week it shortcircuited. I never knew what was wrong with it. The power switch and the volume knob, were'nt working, which meant I had to return it to G.C.

The sounds were not bad at all. They could've added piano samples. The drums need to be more beefy.

I love the portability of this machine, but due it's malfunctions, I don't establish any plans on purchasing it again. I Love the color. This machine is for someone who owns numerous equipment. It's an add as you go along type of thing. NOT...FOR BEGINNERS!!!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: GUEST ( 5-, 2004)

E-MU MP-7
A sampler, but what do you expect for $600? For creating grooves, this is it. Multitrack Midi composer/command station. I do all my midi work on this unit now. I only use the PC for HD recording.

$600 USD

Midi management is easy and the features are easily accessible once you under stand the menu structure. Just like all gear though there is a learning curve invovled, but no where near the Roland or Yamaha gear.

Well built except for the data knob. It could be better.

Excelent Sound. I really am happy with its size, for the power. Real warm sounds and ver tweakable so that you can get the it sounding the way you want it. I just wish there were more sounds. This thing sounds better than an Electribe and an MC-909.

Overall awesome. I would highly recommend for this to be a center piece of the studio. I love God first, my family, and Music...

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: dj_hamzter ( 1-, 2004)

E-MU MP-7
I traded up from a MC303 Groovebox, so what do you think? THIS THING SMOKES THE 303!!! That said, an onboard sampler would've been nice.

$699

Very intuitive to use and get to know. But, there's also some very deep editing features that I haven't even touched yet, and I've had it for over a year! So lots of potential for growth in one's production techniques.

Built like a tank, I'd take this machine into battle with me anytime!

Great for hip-hop genre, but I would've like to seen better piano samples. Of course that's what those 3 expansion slots are for right?

This is the centerpiece of my studio, and probably will be for a while until I can afford something better. ( or some ROM cards) But even then, I'll probably still include it in my productions. Great choice for the person who can only get one box. (like me)

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown (January 2-, 2003)

E-MU MP-7
I miss the sampler, that`s the main point.

Fantastic! It takes just some days to get used to all things, but then it is so easy and you are very free to create your music.

Exept some buttons are not so good, everything is ok.

The sounds are cool, i damn like em, but i miss something like a piano. Some sounds are very strange, but you can edit them.

I love it, because i can do almost everything i want qith it, i have full control!

E-MU MP-7
Features are pretty good. easy to use except when in song mode.

$699

If worked on any workstation before this will be easy to work on.

so far none of my knobs and buttons fell off and i bought a demo.

Quality is al good too. too many of th sounds are sampled like the guitars(most are riffs or chords) limiting the use of being creative using your own chords. more guitars, pianos, and strings should of been installed. the are no piano and no realistic guitar sounds. effects afe tight.

If i can afford to but all the sound cards i would be in love with this but so far i bought proteous card. it gave me a little more to work with. this is a professional sounding beat machine but "ONCE YOU HAVE ALL THE SOUND CARDS YOU'LL BE ON THIS MACHINE MORE THAN THE TRITON!"

E-MU MP-7
Features are good, but i miss the sampler!

Price paid

It is so easy to use, 2 hours of playing around with it and you`ll get it! But i guess if you are a beginner, read the manual, it will help you!

I think the sound is awesome

I love it to play around with it and get some experience, but to use it professionally its not so acurate!

Where's the Sampler?

$700.00

Very easy to use, interface is a tad tricky at first. Manual is fine..the pads are alright, but not so good for melodies.

It would be pretty hard to break..and E-MU= great customer services.

Sound is good for Hiphop/Urban..effects are awesome...so many hands on controls.

Its not bad.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown ( 7-, 2003)