Sineqube Kapling [Freeware]
Kapling is a simple little standalone physical modeling synthesizer application for Mac OS X built with Max/MSP 5.
It is based on the Karplus-Strong algorithm.
"Kapling uses this method to attempt the emulation of resonant bodies, like a string being plucked, or melodic percussion instrument being struck," according to Sineqube.
Eight independent voices are triggered by a 32-step sequencer, with a variety of parameters set up to help you sculpt new timbres in realtime. Kapling also features a tempo-synced stereo delay and recording to disk.
In simpler terms, "Kapling can help you make twangy, boingy, klonky tones," according to its creator.
- 8 independent synth voices
- 32-step sequencer
- realtime timbral controls
- randomized initial impulse to provide natural variation over time
- tempo-synced stereo delay
- store presets for pitch, sequences, and timbre, and export them to disk
- record output directly to disk as an aiff file
- cpu monitor helps keep track of the tax on your system
- each voice has a hotkeyed mute switch for ease of live use
- freeware! (but donations are welcome)
Download Kapling 1.0 here.
For more info: www.sineqube.com/kapling.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Apogee Electronics Symphony Update Apogee has released an update for its Symphony 32 PCI card.
- Waves Mercury Discount Waves is offering a 20% discount on its Mercury pack (Native and TDM).
- IKlax Creator Standard The new iKlax Creator Series range contains 4 versions of the iKlax Creator interactive music creation software.