Variety Of Sound BootEQ mkII
Variety Of Sound has released BootEQ mkII and updated epicVerb to v1.0.1.
Both plug-ins are free and are available as VST effect plug-ins for Windows.
BootEQ mkII is a musical-sounding mixing EQ and pre-amp simulation.
BootEQFeatures / Specification:
- Four parametric and independent EQ bands.
- Special selected and musical sounding EQ curves and phase responses.
- Capable of reproducing several 'classic' curves and EQ behavior.
- Well adjusted auto Q and versatile overlapping frequency ranges.
- Minimized curve warping near Nyquist frequency.
- Detailed modeled pre-amp simulation.
- Subtle and nice audio coloration enhancements.
- SSE and Assembler optimized sound engine.
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing.
- Low CPU EQ and minimum latency processing.
- Musical sounding EQ curves (frequency and phase response).
- Signal modeled pre-amp simulation.
epicVerb v1.0.1 includes several bug fixes and improvements and is now fully SSE compatible (running on older SSE1 machines now too).
- Bugfix: graininess in the modulation algorithm.
- Bugfix: some knobs disappeared under certain circumstances.
- Bugfix: some GUI handling jitters due to overlapping mouse regions.
- Change: extended focus of VOLUME knob to LED display below.
- Bugfix: zipping noises on DRY/WET and VOLUME knob.
- Change: some user presets added.
- Change: MOD amount re-calibrated.
- Bugfix: DC offset issues.
- Bugfix: proper SSE1 support (older AMD Athlon systems support).
- Change: improved memory management (less memory consumption, faster loading).
- Change: updated manual.
Check out varietyofsound.wordpress.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Christian Budde 2-Band Distortion Christian Budde has released 2-Band Distortion, a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, and updated VST Host WinAmp Bridge to v1.1.
- Minnetonka SurCode for Dolby E Encoder Minnetonka Audio Software, Inc. is now shipping the recently announced SurCode for Dolby E Encoder as either a single encoder plug-in or as a bundle with the already available SurCode for Dolby E Decoder.
- MaxSynths Releases Cryologic MaxSynths has announced the release of Cryologic, a VST instrument for Windows that combines a SoundFont Player and a 456 MB SoundFont Library.