- Amp transistor (nothing changed, and we are not obliged to make super gaffe extinction and extreme softness to public), the IDE is interresting
- Dune and 300 watts of power with two channels, Lampl Randall Warhead X2 includes a section dgalisation visible thanks Lumire small LED, and switches in three modes (Clean, Overdrive, Fry) thanks the pedals provided twelve o'clock.
- Amp "Dimebag Darell fawn" knobs of the LEDs turn green when it is calle on SETTING THE former guitarist for Pantera.
- Me personally I find it ugly, because of the green surment omniprsent ... but each his own!
- Configuration of a typical amp, the manual is in English, I admit that we had a little trouble connatre impdance to connect to the cabinet.
- The EQ includes as knobs: Bass, Medium Low, Medium High, High, Presence.
>> Gets it easy to sound good?
Yes, as the green LEDs give us rglage dimebag
This is the shit that ca! Personally, the sound of Dimebag Darrell is a good REFERENCE but the I can not hang ... It sounds rough, dirty, cold, without any scale output ... I'll be mchant, but it reminded me of my Marshall combo VS100R ...
I usually amps lamp, this may be why I did not aim.
J'vite good to talk about the clear sound dplorable also in precision, all fawn no one to buy it has!
We must push the volume to be heard (be 6 when a head lamp is 3). One wonders the fate o 300 watts ...
In conclusion, you really have to test to see if it hangs I think
This amp is fortunately a friend, apparently he is satisfied. But frankly it has not tried other amp, as a fan of pantera.
So my opinion on the X2: trs it is expensive (more than 1200 euros) because of the quality of sound. I think that sincrement of distortion pedals (a DOD Death Metal, for example) Fully made the case for his fellow man! The most inconceivable is that same price there are heads of bxs amp lamps (used or even nine). A Peavey 5150 or even an ultra + Blvd fend this horror!
While 300 watt transistor, attention is transo the high end, nothing to do with the tube amp low end or transistors such as Marshall ...
power is enormous, a good 4 * 12 is it's perfect, I think a 2 * 12 quality may do the trick
very complete connectivity, one can adjust the volume of input and output of the loop, you can select the channel on which it is applied. a MIDI foot switch 4 is provided.
Trè_s easy to use
we get a good sound quite easily, the parametric Mid control is exellent and allows for a variety of sounds while still in its BIG register.
It should have all kinds of metal, the most extreme surtt! I remain convinced that the saturation of the transistor is ideal for the extreme, if the transistor quality of course.
is easily obtained dimmebag sound, the sound is nice to clear everything that is melodious chorus in the loop and ring intro metallica.
I try a lot of lamps and transistor amplifier (mesa. ..) I think that Randall is the only alternative to mesa boogie for modern metal, but there are also engl tro grain is a british for my taste the modern.
less than a boogie, very powerful, it covers any drummer, ideal for concerts.
- All Transistor Amplifier Head
- 300watt sub 4ohms
- Complete connectivity: Guitar Input, 2 HP's, Slave Out output, input and output of the effects loop, MIDI in and out for footswitch, 220v plug with fuse accessible at the rear.
- For the settings, it's simple, 3-channel, an equalizer with three common: density, bass, mid level, mid freq, treeble, presence. Gain and master volume for clean, gain and master volume common to the crunch and lead channels.
8 because I put a different gain setting for the crunch and lead have been a good addition!
- Configuration is very simple, simple adjustments are very effective in a few minutes, it was the sound that spits!
- The sound is good very quickly! No need to take the lead in hours.
- The manual is simple and straightforward, but in English!
For use, I put 9! A small parametric equalizer as the Big Sisters of the brand was a must!
- The Randall Perfect for my style, I play metalcore / hxc, in rhythm, the sound is as it should, but this heavy.
- I play guitar in LTD EMG81, and nothing to say is clear and precise! I intend to add to it a Boss NS-2 or equivalent, for against, because even if it does not blow too much, it tends, like all the Hi-Gain amps at high volume feedback.
- I have a heavy sound and bold, not too low loaded in Drop C. The settings allow you to move from a big equalizer with a V-full of meduim, present and accurate!
- I like the sounds very precise, full of meduim, not the EQ V (As proposed by the settings "Dimebag Darrell" indicated by small green LED).
I put 9 because its deposit really!
But hey, it's Big oriented, not for the blues!
- I use it for 2 weeks, but due to 20aine hours per week
- What I love most: sound, simplicity, the power available simply huge
- What I like least: The weight (about 28Kilo) The tendency to feedback, but spoils will solve the problem.
- I had a full rack, and I have tested various configurations, lamps, transistors, simulations, and for the moment, I prefer the warhead X2, that sticks most in her I'm looking for.
- Having reached the head of opportunity for a pittance (400 €, with a slight loss of power), the price / quality ratio is very good.
- With experience, I would do this choice without a doubt, especially at this price!
Pucelle_Dabidjan's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Randall Warhead X2
Transistor 300w head.
Section équlisation analog / digital.
Can connect two 4x12.
The criterion of interest to the head, it is this feature to remind each channel. Indeed, you only have one EQ section shared by multiple channels. LEDs indicate the levels as soon as you switch the channel. The idea is well thought out.
I did not linger on the other possibilities (not like mid afternoon, effects loop, ect ...).
This warhead is appropriate for certain types of extreme music. Note that it is radically different from the first Warhead in sound. Here you are faced with a tight head more, more razoir also in the sound. The gain, although larger, less balanced and sounds as it will on your floor's something for the "beautiful".
Not at all and more versatile.
Finally, this warhead is a worthwhile investment for advanced user or freaks original sound. The capricious and its application razoir be well analyzed. In addition, the investment is scary.
I recommend in all cases to turn to the first version of Warhead, more musical, more versatile and always adapted far anyway.