Nashville, TN, USA
Made from 1986 to 1990
Standard Colors: Cherry Sunburst, Tobacco Sunburst.
Pickups: 2 Single Coil Sized Humbucking Pickups (Neck, Middle), 1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge).
Body: Chromyte (Curly Flamed Maple gold over Balsa Core).
Number of Frets: 24.
Scale Length: 24 ¾ inches.
Options: Set Neck
- The handle is it nice?
To form a stratabound is what is worse. Profile indescribable without being rude, not a finish to match what is on Gibson Faded, a poor fit and polish the frets randomly. Pleasant? And your sister ...
- Access to acute (last string) Is it easy?
Not too bad. That's the only thing that Gibson was correct pumped on stratos.
And again, the heel to the body-neck junction is ridiculous.
- Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
For another serious as ours can be.
- Do you get easily a good sound?
I had a model upgraded with Seymour Duncan and I do not know what the original pickups of the US-1. With that and the Switches in every way we reach out sounds cool. Very good for blues. Distressing for anything over the overdrive.
- Are they suitable for your style of music?
No. This is the only guitar that I could get nothing, or too little to keep it.
- With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
The time when I had one, I played a Laney LC15R or Flextone III.
Frankly it was not the foot.
- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
Round, soft, doughy and undefined ... everything at once.
- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
I have not found me that more. Nothing. Maybe the sound unplugged ...
- For how long have you been using it?
I kept 6 months.
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
His boils shovel for Hard FM 90s I had fun. That's it.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Yes. And it only reinforced my desire to separate myself.
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
For a collectible is not given. For a guitar that is simply shameful.
The Gibson logo is completely usurped. A choice between US-1 and any faded full of pets, I prefer the faded ... light years.
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
No. Even under torture.
For history, I swapped the US-1 against a Warwick Fortress Flashback low. And I regretted my Warwick! The US-1 is a curiosity, like any curiosity, you should not involve more than a pea or a waterbed jumper: it is amusing five minutes at most. If Gibson has produced a shovel, this is it.