or
Create an account

or

Thread Home studio setup help needed!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Home studio setup help needed!
Hi everyone, I'm new to the website and wondered if someone out there might be able to help me with some of my home studio set-up.

I'm a really keen musician and have invested heavily in new kit. The problem is that I have no understanding of how to get the best out of the equipment I have by making it work together. I'm running the following:

G5 1.8dual
Logic Pro
Alesis M1 Active monitors
M-Audio Firewire 410
Focusrite Voice Master Pro
T.C Electronic m3000 Dual engine processor
Triton LE

I've no idea on how to get the two effect processors to work together or how to use them post recording. I tend to only use the TC Electronic unit for adding reverb to my vocals when I'm gigging - I'm hopefull there's a way to include it in my standard home setup.

Any help that anyone can give me would be great.

Wighty
A mixer with inserts on either the channels or at least the mains or a couple of aux sends is the way to go. You can use it as a master signal routing device for tracking, monitoring, and mixing (although to do that with you outoard gear you'll have to signal convert twice, ie run the track to the board, then record the track again with the outboard processing.)

Behirnger makes great inexpensive mixers- I use a 1622 FX Pro (I don't use the FX on the mixer, though). Works great!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD