Apogee Duet 2

Duet 2, USB audio interface from Apogee in the Duet series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 2/5 for the Apogee Duet 2

Average Score:4.2( 4.2/5 based on 15 reviews )
 10 reviews67 %
 3 reviews20 %
 1 user review7 %
Editorial review
  • 08/26/11Apogee Duet 2 Review

Apogee Duet 2 Review - The Duet at its Apogee?

About four years ago, Apogee launched a digital audio FireWire interface called Duet that offered two analog ins and outs. In the meantime, competitors have brought out some very interesting products, especially RME with its attractive Babyface. The brand with the violet logo couldn't keep its arms crossed so they launched an improved version 2. The verdict?

Brown Sound09/02/2012

Brown Sound's review"Warning: Duet 2 driver nighmare!"

Conversion quality is great. I use the Mike e preamp. iMac 2.8 i7, 8gb ram

So, no drivers from Apogee (it's Apple), Drivers extremely UNSTABLE, I use Live,any number of tracks could create problems.

GETTING STARTED

Clicks and pops ALL THE WAY!

Hello, bad news here, so I'm running the DUET 2 with my iMac (2.8 i7 8gb ram) OsX 10.8.1 (latest Mountain Lion update), a disaster, clicks and pops are unbearable. I can't find a working flow because of this, I've been in contact with Apogee for more than 2 weeks now and I think we're just exchanging e-mails for nothing really. I'm pretty sure they know what's wrong but there's probably bureaucratic stuff going on with Apple. What I mean is that the tech from Apogee told me they don't even do DRIVERS anymore, their units now depend on Apples DRIVERS!!! so they say. It's quiet amusing that they advertise so much about catching creativity and whatnot, yet I'm not even able to concentrate on my work. BTW I didn't have any clicks at all with my Mbox Pro, right before changing for the Duet 2, and I was using the same system. Clicks may not appear right when you open a fresh new session, but they will happen, the you'll have to reboot over and over. You simply can't work like this.