I bought this guitar at Mars Music for $600. I bought it becuase Dimebag Darrell is the best thrash metal guitarist, and this guitar is completely original. It also seperates from the trendy guitars such as Gibson, Fender, and Ibanez.
I like the originality, the look, feel, sound, and setup.
(Originally written by yungsoo/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
- Made in China.
- 22 frets, original pickups replaced with a Dimebucker SH-13 (bridge) and a SH-1 (neck).
- Floyd Rose-like tremolo by Washburn.
- Controls: 2 x volume, 1 x tone, 3-way toggle switch.
- Bolt-on neck with black paint. It's neither too thick nor too slim, I like it.
I give it an 8 but it would be less if it were not for the SH-13 pickup.
- Very pleasant neck. It's quite different from my BC Rich Warlock (Platinum series) and it allows me to play things I couldn't play before! (nice feeling).
- Quite easy upper frets access in spite of the bolt-on neck. I guess a set neck would have been more convenient.
- I like its ergonomic shape, but that will probably not be the case with everybody. I personally love it!
When sitting (with a knee between both bottom wings) the playing comfort is excellent, the guitar stays in position and the tremolo bar is easy to access.
- The Dimebucker easily produces a good heavy metal sound lol.
This guitar is sold with a very convenient but rather bulky flightcase. You won't take it everywhere with you (it's a pity for a such guitar). -1
- I play mainly Trivium, Pantera, Metallica and so on.
The sound is perfect for Pantera and Trivium but it's too tight and dry enough for Metallica! (but it's very accurate)
- I play a Marshall MG15 CDR and I get a pretty good sound! (I will soon buy a new amp).
- The clean sound surprised me: I had an EMG81 pickup with an awful clean sound. Now I get a better (but not perfect) one. The bridge pickup produces a very round, Metallica-like clean sound (think Master of Puppets' interlude).
The distortion sound is great: big, very accurate and dry, with a much more present low-end compared to my EMGs (although they also sound very good).
In distortion mode with my crappy Marshall the guitar generates too much noise, unlike the EMG pickups that produced almost no noise at all. One point off because of this.
- Overdrive and distortion tones are very good with a huge distortion intensity!! A real delight for heavy metal freaks!
- I've owned it for a couple of months and I'm very satisfied with it!
- It is the guitar of my dreams, but it is quite bulky so it's not easy to transport.
- I previously had BC rich (see above) which is a good moderate guitar. I tried out a lot of heavy metal guitars: Dean Dixie Rebel (similar look).
Guitar made in Korea
Identical pickups washburn neck and bridge position
Floyd type bridge design really rate: which blocks the rope at the bridge is fixed in the ball end of the rope, it uses the ds ... floyd was moving, despite s rglage a perfect race and all we can settle on a guitar .. prvoir qq hundreds of dollars more to buy a floyd Designed well.
2 volume buttons and a tonalitbr /> Slecteur 3 positions
Channel quite late, screwed.
The handle is trs enjoyable to play, fast despite the fact that it is also painted black and varnished.
The access to the treble is not simpler than what nimporte guitar, it must release the hand!
It is not trslgere and a tendency to lean toward washing but without generating truly play, beginners need to find the right position to play sitting vriament is not a problem.
The pickups washburn bcp have a blast and a pretty dirty little prcis, trs chalereux not, the tickets still prvoir qq buy a real microphone with her ....
I play Pantera bcp but marrive want to play any, why the washburn pickups are perfectly unfit to be polite.
When j'ia had the guitar I still had my peavey bandit 112 home ..
if I did not gain Metti my amp up to the microphones made nothing.
its clear, cold enough and they taient crillards.
washburn pickups with a single breath sound.
So for the overall opinion eyeGO not hold me back ....
Ptite for history, I ordered the guitar and has started more than two months to arrive ... .. full of hits store returns lexpediteur guitar ... two weeks later the new guitar arrives safely tat ... but here for the right to receive the DNAS this state I d dpenser 30 euro ... is the cost price of the "cover" prvu for this guitar. .. so I can not write because it's a bag dust bag.
In addition, the wood of the guitar has frets rtract .. rsultat dpassent and my index trpasse ...
Then at the junction of handle / body varnish and paint has quail mm and crack for no reason because I take great care .. (sweet almond oil on each key change of strings, for example ..)
So you guessed it, go your way, mm stock pigalle 2450 euro, this guitar is absolutely not do!
more o the era I ordered on the site franais Washburn / Randall pouvias we read that the guitar silent tui book, which influenced my choice rather knowing that a guitar like a can not fit in a bag, mm low.
Also the handle is al vrit a Bolt today freeters dpassent and floyd does not laccord mm without laction ...
Balance sheet? 669 + 30 + 260 + 300 ...= 1259 and yes! qe is the total cost you this guitar .. 669 plus 30 euro for washing in the correct state of the two micro seymour 260 + 300 euro original floyd rose ....
yeah ... you offered me the strap! ... phew chui returned my expense ...
srieusement more, I hope to repay me, it's a shame to sell a product as chr no reason, I have done better to buy a PRS SOAP Bar II has cost less and bcp it's much better ... I Coris all is said ... oh no certian you know all the Yamaha Pacifica 112 ... bah .... I prefer to play with it to tell you.
On this I'll keep you on the way in which Arbiter are happy customers .. uh .. arna mcontents ..
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Seratoth's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Made in China, this guitar a possde Bolt has 22 boxes. The handle is a bit large (but not thick in width) and Access in acute is pretty good with large hands. The floyd is plutt well. It can do is yell and tuning. Three knobs: volume and 2 Tone. Problem when one wants to cut the volume of the guitar, you must set the two knobs to 0. When dyed one, there is a little sound that comes out when you scratch the strings.
The weight is reasonable and enjoyable round. Against it by a trend plutt nosedive which becomes tiring for the arm that supports it. Washburn mountains above the pickups are fairly good quality even if it's not high-end microphones.
Mesa Branch of the pickups send a sec! Ideal for the Black metal. She and her mouth adquate. For if it is to play against the Pantera, go your way. Microphones tend to do a little rsonance agreements in tufts.
I've had about one month and I'm glad plutt. I possde 7 guitars and this is one of my prfres with Marilyn. I got it for just 550 new so I think it's a good qualitprix. If a c'tait again, I would do without hsiter.