Blue Cat Audio PatchWork

Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Excellent
  • Reno-TheplanktonReno-Theplankton

Very good!!!

Blue Cat Audio PatchWorkPublished on 12/05/14 at 02:25
    I first bought this plug-in to be able to use my VSTs in ProTools 11, which only supports AAX.

It's very easy to get familiar with it, I haven't needed a manual, it's pretty didactic.

It is really well though-out, the routing possibilities are unlimited: A chain of plug-ins (PRE) linked to one or more parallel chains and ends in a chain of plug-ins in series (POST).

It would've been nice to be able to rename the macros!

However, I must say that the guys at Blue Cat are really responsive: A soon as I got the plug-in I suggested it would be nice to be able to change the name of the macros, which isn't possible yet, but it will be in the next update! THANK YOU!

It's worth noting…

It would've been nice to be able to rename the macros!

It's worth noting that it consumes very little resources and that it makes no difference in terms of resource-consumption whether you use the plug-ins directly in the DAW or you use Patchwork.

It's also very handy for people who like presets: You can make customizable Channel Strips with your favorite plug-ins, for instance!
    Or even a "home-made" multi-band compressor with several of your favorite compressors and the filters to go with them...

In short, the possibilities are HUGE.

I didn't give it the perfect mark because nothing is perfect, but it will certainly deserve it after several updates (which are pretty common from Blue Cat, it's nice to have a plug-in in constant evolution).