-48 Effects available (with very complete parameters) REVERB, DELAY, SFX, MIXDOWN, WIDE, BOOST, PHASER, PITCH, CHORUS...
Possibility to edit from a PC
2 types of Digital Outputs (optical, RCA), 1/4 stereo jacks (IN, OUT), MIDI (IN, OUT, THRU) and FootSwitch jack.
-Easy Setup; Quick learning curve
Excellent sound quality
Very good price/quality ratio; This product offers multiple possibilities of use
- I will not repeat what's been said, it is right on.
- You can modify parameters using the front controls: perfect, much better than the Behringer Virtualizer Pro, for example.
- The manual is clear and very complete (and well translated to French).
- I like the Reverbs, that are numerous and very customizable/flexible. It doesn't lose much in dynamics and precision. I'm really happy about it and it's the only rackmount that I use all the time for Live setups, despite Zoom's poor reputation.
- I use it with synths, drum machines, various sounds, vocals, etc.
- I sometimes also use the Ring Modulator and the Vocoder (super-cheezy, but effective for low-fi or for using on beats, etc.).
- The Delays are also very good, and what convinced me to buy it was the tap-tempo function! There is Pan Delay, Rhythmic Delay, etc..
- Only con: no emulation of Space-Echo or Analog Room Echo. That's too bad!
- However, forget the "Mastering" section, it is really dirty, horrible, and not at all precise!
- I have yet to test the amp simulators. I don't know how to use them as I have no use for it.
In summary: Ideal for Reverbs, Delays or the two combined; Good for Chorus and Flanger, with the Vocoder and RingMod being an honorable bonus; But mediocre for the so-called "Mastering" effects. The Enhancer or Compressor can maybe help you for single tracks, but certainly not for Mastering!
- I have been using it for 4 years; Very reliable and stable, no particular problem.
- Big positive point: Very complete MIDI implementation (in, out, thru ...)
- I've been using the Behringer Virtualizer Pro 1024 for 2 years: the Zoom is much better!!!
- Weakness: in 100% wet mix, there is a somewhat noticeable hiss. Too bad (but not necessarily that bad either);
- Bang for the buck ratio very decent. For that price, you can't really expect a top-of-the-line Compressor with it, so some effects should be considered a "bonus". But for Delays, Reverbs and such, no problem at all!