It is an organ of 1982, the latest in a long line (that of D-85 for example) before the arrival of organs FM synthesis. This latest round included the A-505, B-205, B-405, B-605, B-805, C-405 and finally the C-605. In fact the c-605 is the direct descendant of C-55N (see the detailed notice of sock). There are portable version (C-605P), without the speakers.
The sound generation is semi-analog circuitry inside is composed of dedicated LSI Logic ICs (YMxxxxx) for generating sounds basic rectangular (Digital Tone Generators "), CMOS logic circuits, op amp, VCF, VCA and discrete components for filtering and differentiation of stamps: no generic microprocessor or DSP course! The reverb is spring and chorus effects are analog BBD.
Some important details:
- No MIDI interface or velocity or aftertouch keyboards ...
- Two very good keyboards, better than my PSR-740 (personal opinion).
- Polyphony of only 7 notes for each of two keyboards and pedals is monophonic.
- Most sections have a separate volume: + + +
- Repayment of sound with 4 speakers (2 Channel Amp 30W RMS: it releases well!) But not true stereo. The HP left side allows spatialized sound effects with Tremolo / Chorus / Symphonic. There are more faux-Leslie mechanics as the D-85 or C-55! I do not know if it's better or not ...
- 2 audio inputs with a single through the expression pedal (opto-electronic!).
- 1 stereo RCA line output.
- The reverb is assayable but overall, it's a dual-spring attached to the floor.
- The rhythms can be combined.
- No general agreement on the organ! But an agreement very end of the pitch of the pedals and "custom voices."
- A three foot switch selectable functions.
The overall configuration is simple but not always very logical.
There are many possible combinations!
Sounds francs, thanks to detailed and powerful effects, but some are very kitschy and cheap.
Do not try to find a good imitation of the sounds of a Hammond.
I adore the "custom voices," so very analog synth, expressive and present!
I like strings, piano (not realistic but fun), vibraphone.
The flutes are correct.
Playing with effects and layering of sounds, you get something really nice (you still have love like that ...)
I dreamed of it when I was 10, I bought it myself a few days ago (for 140 &euro!
This is just to play it and have fun (and impress my funny too) ... I do not know if I'd pieces with!
Excellent value for money today!
+: Nice furniture imposing, full-color,
full of possibilities,
sound can be haunting ...
-: Too big, too heavy (71kg) but it gets worse.
not enough variation of rhythms.