Korg Triton Le 61

Triton Le 61, Workstation from Korg in the Triton series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Korg Triton Le 61

Average Score:4.1( 4.1/5 based on 41 reviews )
 20 reviews49 %
 13 reviews32 %
 3 reviews7 %
 4 reviews10 %
stompboxjon06/12/2012

stompboxjon's review"got old quick"

Korg Triton Le 61
I have used the Triton LE 61 a few times in a couple different studios. It seemed like a keyboard that was pretty popular years ago, but I think it’s a decent keyboard at best. There are a lot of other boards that are out that can give you way better quality sounds than the Triton LE. The LE just seems to be like a cheap version of some of the Triton sounds and everything seems to be watered down. The sequencer is ok and the on board effects are ok. Not really anything bad to say about them but when it comes to the sounds I have major complaints.

Gettins started is simple and takes not time to understand the basic functions of the board, the manual wasn’t needed and I havent ever seen one.

The keys are good, nice semi weighted and they seem to work well even when playing melodies because they arent too heavy. But they still have enough weight to them that you wont feel like your playing with a cheap midi controller (because most midi controllers just have plastic keys). But the sounds just fell short to me because I own a triton board so I know what the Triton is capable of and I know what sounds they really have in them. I guess that’s why the LE is more affordable than the regular triton and the triton rack is because its missing the most important factor to me, the sounds. Most of us don’t purchase a keyboard just for the workstation. We can use our computers as a workstation if needed or if we want. We go out and spend money on these keyboards for the sounds and the ability to edit those sounds and make our own. You can easily change how the sounds will sound and make them your own but the quality of them over all as far as depth and warm just is a miss to me.

You can get this if you don’t have enough money to get the “real” triton boards. But you will get bored with this pretty quick.
ericthegreat11/27/2011

ericthegreat's review"good for beginners"

Korg Triton Le 61
The Triton LE 61 is made by korg and it’s a pretty good synth board. If has a nice feel to it when playing, and its semi weighted so you don’t have those heavy keys when trying to play melody lines.

Not easy to address as many parameters, but there are shortcuts to use such copy a Combi Max of 8 tones with their belongings the sequencer. We play in Multi REC and inspiration of the moment is your memory with drum, bass, solo and accompaniment.
A big advantage of the Model LE is that it is lightweight 7.3 kg and easy to carry, an additional asset for me playing solo but also in groups.

Yes, good expressive sounds at the touch. Just tone down the sounds of piano ties that are not realistic and sound Korg M1. Fortunately with the extension Sampling Can I load sounds Pianos sounds sampled from a Steinway, but it's time to load ...
I like the sounds of Copper Plates, Strings, Synth Lead and rhythmic Combi (Fantasmagoria, Phases of Angels Talk of Galileo, Hidden Rhythm, Walk Street and many others)

I used this for a month, but had already tasted the triton using the micro x. I wanted a synthetic 61-toting a microphone and associated with X (which I did for 2 years) it makes me combi’s huge, connected to midi, synchronized with the tempo and the s2000 for piano sounds c ' is an excellent investment: the microphone is located at 250 x € hand, I've had my triton as new 250 and a second for akai s2000 for 50 dollars, well I have a large collection of CD Rom and have akai recovered full drives scsi cd rom and zip to anything ... but this little wonder has meant the world s for the price of a TR model.

Korg Triton Le 61
The allround workstation. I use the Triton as a central piece in my studio: sound module, sampler, midi-controller... It has a touch screen, which is extremely handy when it comes to workflow. The slider and wheel can also be used to quick navigate through the menu. The arp function is also very good and several knobs, a slider, and the X/Y joystick can be assiged to modulate just about every parameter within a sample.

Price paid: $1650 USD

Its very easy to use. I never used the manual to start out with I just jumped right into creating music and later read about further features that might be useful.

The sounds are ok on the Triton. To create a unique sound on the triton effects or synthesis can be used. Either one may be very time consuming. There are many sounds that sound similar and for my purposes are not very useful.

I bought it used. No repairs. Once or Twice I had some problems when saving a larger sample on a floppy disk but that might have been due to the floppy disk and not the Triton. It is well manufactured and people use it for live gigs so it has to be durable.

I would not be making music without it at this point. It has served me as a teaching tool and also as a way to express myself.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: PROTator ( 4-, 2006)

Korg Triton Le 61
Features nice & pro sounding. can get difficult the triton is not easy trust me! it has hella tweaks that req alot of time

price paid

1,200 but is 2,999 at store i got a deal!

Not easy for the first time producer. u have to have some programming exp and know all types of keyboard and audio terms. cause the triton was built 4 pro's. interface is probably the easy-iest cause the screen is touch screen which is simple point & click. now the triton is so complex it has 3 manuals really! 1's the quick guide. 2's the basic's and 3 is all technical which you will need once u get use to it.

per-fect for gigs after u know how it works cause you can route effects to the mic or drums or sample. the buttons arent really easy to break but are hella expensive! i had a mic fall and break 1 key and it cost $100 to replace it! never called customer support unless u really jacked some-n up real bad or cant read. and i called them their probably really helpful since u spent 3g's on a board.

Hella clean, athentic instruments & drums just add a little effect to bring it out. their are like 25 & more drum kits that can work with any style. the effects req some knowledge of effect processing like how much to use and control the flow of it. it can be improved if all the sound already had the effects applyied cause on the triton you have to copy the effects to make it sound like it does in program mode or in combinations with most of the time they use all of the effects slots. and that hella sucks.

Like it hella build your studio around it. just buy expansion boards to get more out and hear what more it can do. ot has so many features u can add anything to it samples,hard drive,mics,loops, etc. really thou if u like the classic get the studio even thou it cost a little mo it has heela more cant explain has more thou.

originally posted on futureproducers.com
posted by: unknown (january 1-, 2003)

Korg Triton Le 61
You got a lot of features plus the sampling option makes the triton a sampler! you can create anything with this workstation. incredible for this price. it's not less bad than the extreme, it just has less sounds and less insert fx's...

940 EUR

Very easy to use. it takes half an hour to be able to work with its sequencer.

Really good sound!

I love it

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Cal1 ( 4-, 2006)

Korg Triton Le 61
The only thing missing is more insert FX, that would be nice.

$999.00 US

Once you figure out how to copy the main FX and insert FX to the sequencer your ready to rock!

built like a rock!

I cant think of one bad thing to say about the LE!

Un reaplaceable and a great price

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Rhyno Beatz (January 0-, 2005)

Korg Triton Le 61
It's got a built in sequencer(one of the easiest ever), a ton of sounds, and an optional sampling upgrade...nuff said. I only wish that I could use more than one insert effect on sounds.

$999

This thing is a piece of cake, I was making beats after a day of learning the sequencer and reading the manual.

It's got plastic on the sides, but stainless steel for the most part of the board. This thing is solid.

For the price, you really cant beat the sounds. Plus it's a synth so you can program your own unique sounds. I was really impressed by the strings on this board, the only sounds I didnt like were the sax, but the brass is good.

I love this board. I will probably never sell it. If it were stolen though, I'd probably upgrade to a fantom or motif.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: AMM0 ( 6-, 2005)

Korg Triton Le 61
As far as features ther should be more pre programmed beats. I don't really like the snares I don't know why, I think cause it feels weird without pads I think the fantom set up would be nice pads. Also korg for sure lets you know what you paid for with some off the sounds

Price paid

I think if you read the book and ask people where ever you got it questions it is easy plus once you get this triton down you can basically use anyone

Its built very well bullet proff. I've had this for over a year and don't think I've ever had a promblem it

The strings are awesome for how much this is. There are a lot of good sounds some you have to tweak to make em sound better. I've made awesome stuff with this.

I love it for being my first triton I learn so much off it. I went to the studio and got on there studo triton and almost knew more then the engineer but he really didn't use it that much. I've made over 100 beats with this.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown ( 1-, 2004)

Korg Triton Le 61
Almost wanted to get the Triton LE & borrowed from a friend before purchasing & found the sound a little too weak.

$1000

Most user friendly keyboard around.Very useful for gigs & stuff like that

Shouldn't be a problem i guess

They're like Mcdonalds when you feel like dining in an expensive restaurant. Forget it!!

The desing is cool but what really matters most is the sound.They just won't get my ears ringing

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown ( 6-, 2003)

Korg Triton Le 61
Has every feature I would use. Not bad at all in this department.

$999

Interface is also not bad although it is different in concept of quantize and the way that it does this. Reading the manual is not neccessary though.

Don't know. No problems but then again I never use it.

Okay, Okay so its clean. But just like a house with no one living there, its lifeless.I suspect most people love it because any half-***ed sequence will make them sound like a producer. Electronic sounds and acoustics alike have no warthm whatsoever. Basses do sound good though. This is a stand-alone piece due to the fact that its sounds don't blend well with other synths at all.

I don't, but maybe a rookie will. Anyone with a little talent can sound "pro" with this industry staple.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: fts1981 ( 5-, 2006)