What type of keyboard (synth, piano ...)?... Arranger-keyboard, HP 2x5 W stereo CMX2 12, dimensions 913mm x 331mm x 96mm, weight 7.4 kg.
How many octaves? ... 5 octaves, 61 keys.
What connections (audio, MIDI ...)?... TAPE in / out, MIDI in / out, FOOT SW jack, jack EXP.PEDAL, AUX OUT (L & R), headphone jack and DC IN 9-12V.
How many sounds and styles available? Are they edited?
... 32 sounds including: 16 Orchestra (organ jazz, pipe organ, strings, brass 1 and 2, and brass bells, clarinet, calliope, piano, electric piano, harpsichord, vibraphone, jazz guitar, Hawaiian guitar, music box , cosmic) and 16 Solo (jazz flute, piccolo, violin, trumpet, trombone, horn, saxophone, oboe, guitar, percussion 1et2, pop, blues, funk, slap, bass) 16 Rhythms PCM (big band, reggae, disco , pop, rock n roll, salsa, samba, march / polka, swing, rock slow, heavy metal, 16 beat, country, rhumba, bossanova, waltz)
21 PCM drum sounds ... phew! : No sound is editable ... Ow!
He has an effects section? ... Yes! Support keys solo, orchestra 1et2, stereo symphony, sustain 1et2, Duet, Trio.
What are the characteristics of the sequencer? ... 3 track sequencer nonvolatile max of 7 days after it is lost! 340 measures of agreements that can be saved and only 840 notes to the melody only. But I rarely used because the prog. is hassle!
What else? Key selector split (sharing the keyboard 2): good!
Intro / Ending, Synchro start, Handclap 1 & 2, Fill in, Single Finger Chord, Fingered Chord, Change, Transpose and Pitch ...
I note quite well, thanks to its connectivity options for the time and the keyboard light but not too bad.
- The general configuration is it simple? ... So simple. The sliders and buttons are has-been now!
- Publishing of sound effects or is it easy? ... No editing possible.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ... I did not but I have recovered recently on the Yamaha site. The manual is not really educational for beginners, especially the section programming and recording.
- How long have you use it ... I have since 1992, bought from a colleague to 1500 F.
- What is so special that you like most and least? ... What is amazing is the number of LEDs present on this machine = 92! it looks like a Christmas tree. I like the piano in stereo symphonic key Duet / trio. The drums have a good record PCM, I also like the Fill-in and start sync. The stereo HP are quite good, but I use a cable to plug into my stereo.
Least, there are several :-( certain styles are gerber trombone, violin, oboe ... there is no demos, and there is too little sound compared to what it is today . No LED or LCD screen.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it? ... No! this is my first synth.
- How would you rate the quality / price? ... Pretty good for that price, I do not know how much it cost at the time. You should know that this keyboard was released in 1985, and that was part of the first generation with the PSR models 40 50 and 60. So I remain indulgent!
- With experience, you do again this choice? ... No! I think I chose a model with more sounds and a sequencer 6 tracks but still a Yamaha or Casio.