This is basically y the bottom dwelling Vox Ac30. This thing is called the Valve reactor technology which mean you supposedly get the same tone with less tubes and less weight. So it is basically a hybrid amp with solid state or digital and tubes as well. I cut through all the bull crap...this sounds like a cheaper Vox practice amp in the size of a regular Ac30. Nothing has changed in size but the amps sounds similar to the $100-300 Vox amp modelers or practice amps.
* 30-watt, 2x12" combo amplifier with Valve Reactor technology
* Much of the feel and dynamic range of a tube amp - without the extra cost and weight
* 2-channel design delivers classic to modern tones
* Volume, Treble, and Bass controls on the "Normal" channel
* Volume, Treble, Mid, and Bass controls on the "Overdrive" channel
* Master section features a Tone Cut knob for dampening the high frequencies
* Reverb and Master Volume controls
* Features an external 8-ohm speaker jack (mutes the internal speakers)
* 2 x 12" VX12 Celestion custom speaker
Number of Channels 2
Speakers 2 x 12" VS12 Celestion
EQ Ch 1: Treble, Bass; Ch 2: Treble, Middle, Bass
No Amp Modeling
Number of Models 0
Number of Tubes 1
No Preamp Tube
Power Tubes 1 x 12AX7
Inputs 1 x Instrument
Outputs 1 x Speaker
Footswitch I/O Yes
No Effects Loop
Weight 50.71 lbs.
They have this new modern nu metal tone in here that sounds nothing like a Vox. If you are looking into getting a Vox Ac30 because your favorite player uses one, this is not what they are playing. If you are a Brian May fan or an Edge fan they would never play this amp. I suggest you save a bit more cash and get a used real Ac30.
The tone of this amp still sounds like a cheap solid state amp that has no character or feel in the tone. There is no warmth or smooth tube tone to this amp. Even though it has a preamp tube in the power section this thing doesn't even remotely sound like an AC30.
This is a big pass for me. The amp sounds sterile and thin much like a solid state amp should sound like...garbage! Don't waste you money on this amp.
At new these amps come in at around $550, which is about $450 over priced. You are paying for an extra speaker and a logo that looks like a Vox Ac30. This is not an AC30 by any means.