• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Line 6 POD 2

MGR/Mikeman08/04/2001

MGR/Mikeman's review"Line 6 Pod 2.0"

Line 6 POD 2
I got the POD because i am sort of strapped for cash and would have spent much more to get all of the effects and distortion boxes i wanted, but they are all in this one unit.

I love almost everything about it, good effects, amp models, etc.

The only thing i don't like about the POD is that you can't bypass the entire unit. This would be handy if you wanted to use the clean sound of your amp, but maybe i can get an A/B switch and go around it.

Will last for years, just don't throw it out the window, or light it on fire trying to be like Jimmy Hendrix.

A great box for anyone, i'm hoping to start recording with it soon.

MGR/Anonymous06/29/2001

Line 6 POD 2
Mars music Tampa Florida.

Compact great recording tool. Sounds fantastic live

Haven't found nothing yet I don't like.

Metal case and built solid.

More than my moneys worth.

If you do home recording or play small venues or churches this is all you will need

Line 6 POD 2
Purchased version 1.1 from Musician's Friend May -99 ($329 ... or something like
that). Upgraded to ver. 2.0 July 2000 ($60). Needed something more
than my old Rockman X100 to use at home.

Versatile, versatile, versatile ....I can get all the sounds from this kidney bean I want to, and even more.
I have had in my previous wild years Laney Klipp (100W), Marshall (100 W),
Music Man (60W), Mesa/Boogie Studio .22 (22W). And I have to tell you that
I can reproduce all the sounds I was able to get from those amps (well, maybe
not the Laney, but I don't miss that anyway).

The ease of use is really remarkable, just plug a guitar in and start jamming!

A rackmount design might have been better, but now there is the
POD Pro in that field! .. but more $$$$. With the 2.0 upgrade some issues
were solved (e.g. tuner more responsive).

The POD is very sturdy, looks like you can take it anywhere

I definitely would by another one if this got stolen or otherwise damaged.

Anybody who is looking for a tool for recording guitars in the home (or any other)
studio, the POD is the best bet! What you get with the money is incredible!

Get the Floorboard, and you can take this puppy to any gig. Just hook it up to
the P.A. or use it with a clear/clean amp/powered monitors/... and there you go!

Purchased at Sam Ash for about $300+

The only way to provide so many sounds to a recording source coherently. Is it an amp simulator or an effect unit or recording outboard gear? Yes, all of them. Version 1 didn't take a clean sound to recording medium very well-but version 2 does as far as I am concerned. I have lots of pro gear but this is the most amazing. I have made many believers with this unit!

Great construction and layout, also get the bag for portability.

Ease of use and incredible tube "soundfeel", that's my term!
The most amazing concepts go into this unit. Line 6 is a threat to every other manufacturer of amps/guitar processors. Sorry, old favorites, I would marry this thing if I weren't a mere human!

Unit was purchased at Sam's Music, Nashville, Tn. Price was $349.99
Purchased for Home Recording Use and Playing Live through P.A. at Church

Its got absolutely phenomenal tone direct to tape, but the feature I like most is the fact that it is so versatile! Headphones for practice, sounds great through the P.A., sounds cool through the line in on my SoundBlaster card! And I don't have to worry about mic'ing hassles or lugging around a truck load of amps. The eq responds just like the amp its modeling!!!!

The Built in wah wah is unavailable until you buy the floorboard foot controller

First rate quality AND extremely easy to use

There is a bass pod available now. I will be picking that up for use in my studio and my pod 2.0 will be coming home full time as I am going to buy the Line 6 Pod Pro rack unit very soon for installation at the church where I play three services a week! I have never been more impressed with a product for the guitar!

MGR/Anonymous06/28/2001

MGR/Anonymous's review"Line 6 POD 2 Upgrade Chip"

Line 6 POD 2
Ordered through Musicians Friend for $49.. I wanted to avoid the MIDI interface and access all models from the front panel.

I already liked the POD a great deal for practice and for recording, but really HATED using a MIDI interface to get at all the amp models and speaker cabs. This upgrade elminates the MIDI interface, improved the tuner (to where is is useable now), and did improve the sound to an extent. I almost never used the presets (as I have different guitars and different moods) so I prefer the unit in manual, roll your own mode. It used to turn on in whatever mode you left it, not it ALWAYS defaults to the last preset.

The upgrade was very easy to do. I do not use the POD for live stuff, I have a couple of amps I really like live (and loud), but it seems as if it could withstand live use.

The actual POD seems quiet well built

Yes. As a recording and practice media, this is an incredible value for me. The upgrade was worth every penny to what I already paid for the POD

The POD upgrade is a good thing.. My unit is easier to work and I think in so case sounds much better.

Line 6 POD 2
I bought my POD at Skip's Guitars in Modesto. Price was $330 before tax.

OK: POD rocks for direct recording. I am running the pod into the mic in on a generic Sound Blaster card on my PC and recording via SoundForge... Awesome sounds- not just the dirty and loud (marshall stack, rectified amp,...) but also very nice clean sounds... I've run my acoustic/electric Ovation through the POD on the tube preamp setting and even done some voice recording through it. Simply, it rocks!

Should have come with midi patch cords. For live playing... Should be able to switch effects with no popping...

Excellent. Already dropped it once or twice and no damage. Very solid construction.

Very worthwhile for advanced level direct recording or amateur level live playing. Good pickup if you have an axe, cheap amp, and want a few effects and other sounds without spending tons on diff amps, multi effect pedals...

that). Upgraded to ver. 2.0 July 2000 ($60). Needed something more
than my old Rockman X100 to use at home.

Versatile, versatile, versatile ....

I can get all the sounds from this kidney bean I want to, and even more.
I have had in my previous wild years Laney Klipp (100W), Marshall (100 W),
Music Man (60W), Mesa/Boogie Studio .22 (22W). And I have to tell you that
I can reproduce all the sounds I was able to get from those amps (well, maybe
not the Laney, but I don't miss that anyway).

The ease of use is really remarkable, just plug a guitar in and start jamming!

A rackmount design might have been better, but now there is the
POD Pro in that field! .. but more $$$$. With the 2.0 upgrade some issues
were solved (e.g. tuner more responsive).

The POD is very sturdy, looks like you can take it anywhere.

I definitely would by another one if this got stolen or otherwise damaged.

studio, the POD is the best bet! What you get with the money is incredible!

Get the Floorboard, and you can take this puppy to any gig. Just hook it up to

Purchased at Sam Ash for about $300+

Ease of use and incredible tube "soundfeel", that's my term!

Nothing

Great construction and layout, also get the bag for portability.

Unit was purchased at Sam's Music, Nashville, Tn. Price was $349.99