Digidesign EQ III installs with Pro Tools when you install the program, as it is a free plug-in that comes with Pro Tools. Since it is made by Digidesign and made to run in Pro Tools, I never had a problem with any compatibility issues. I'm not sure that they make a manual for this plug-in, but it is very easy to follow is a basic 7 band parametric EQ with a detailed graph. The graph has points for each band that can be moved around, which is great for experimenting when you are trying to find where a certain sound is within a sound.
I run the EQ III with Pro Tools LE 7.4. I run it on a Mac Book Pro with a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. I've never had a problem running this plug-in with this machine. I have also used it with Pro Tools HD on an HD system and never had a problem using it on there either. I can run a high number of these at once - I've had up to 10 or 12 at one time and it still works fine.
I've been using the EQ III since I got Pro Tools a few years ago. Don't be fooled into thinking that since it is a free plug-in that it isn't good or usable as this is a great EQ that is easy to use and has the capability to EQ however you'd like. While it isn't the best sounding EQ I have ever used, it works very well for a number of applications. It doesn't color the sound too much and is extremely easy to use. The price is best part of this plug-in as it comes free with Pro Tools. While I would prefer to always use a URS EQ or an Oxford EQ, as these sound way better, those don't come free with Pro Tools!
- The installation is done it without problems?
- Have you experienced any incompatibilities?
- What is the configuration of your computer? (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk / sound card ..)
Q66000 Interl PC with 4GB RAM
- The software works he correctly on this configuration?
- How long have you use it?
about 4 months, I use it all the time
- What is so special that you like most and least?
Operation is simple and the sound is clean. The equalization is accurate and efficient
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
- How would you rate the quality / price?
Free, live standard with ProTool
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...