Reason Studios Reason 2.5

Reason 2.5, Electronic Music Sequencer from Reason Studios in the Reason series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Reason Studios Reason 2.5

Average Score:4.8( 4.8/5 based on 31 reviews )
 26 reviews84 %
 4 reviews13 %
 1 user review3 %
yoTrakkz09/03/2011

yoTrakkz's review

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
When I purchased it , it was loaded with stock and preset sounds and samples. But unfortunately like most of the computer software programs all of the stock drums were really weak to me, same thing with a lot of the other computer sequencing programs on the market. I feel like if you pay 300 dollars for a software it should at least come stocked with some pretty good kits of all genre’s.

Once you get all of the that down its no different than a lot of other programs on the market. I was actually expecting it to stick out from fl studio and acid and or cubase but it didn’t. So that’s why Im just saying its good, because all of those other softwares are good too. Its basically just picking which one your want to go with and feel most comfortable on . Understand your gear is a big part of the musical process and you can understand Propeller Head Reason 2.5 pretty quick.

Overall the program is great, it works and sounds great. Sequencing is extremely easy even if its your first time using a computer software to do your music and or compositions with you will be able to do them in no problem. You may have to read through the manual a few times in order to clear up a few things but its mainly just getting use to the menu and options. give it a try! But once you get use to the menu’s and options you will see that Propeller head reason has all the bells and whistles. But you don’t want to get with those once you dig in deep with this program you will be surprised on what you can do with this program, this is a powerful program that has been around for a while and isn’t going anywhere.

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
There is everything you could need to make a beat. I'm using a 2.5 version so i'm mising a mastering suite. It wish it could support VST and DX

Price paid

it's very easy and simple, all I need to do just to read "getting started" file.

The sound quality is pretty good, i like it.

I use reason and cubase. The reason is my main beat making mashine. I use synths and el. piano sounds with reason too.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Titus1986 ( 8-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
The features in this are great. I love the NNXT and almost never use the NN-19 because I can just load the samples in the NNXT. I think they should incorporate some sort of .wav or .mp3 importer convertor though because I'd like to use some of my kicks and stuff. Great options to keep you busy for a while

$400

Some of the features are kind of hidden and you have to read the manual to know how to use them. A quick read through the manual and you'll be a pro in no time.

The sound quality on this is very good, although at times I do get a little distortion between my bass and kicks. The quality is only as good as the producer, heh. But yeah this definately has some hot quality.

Never had to get it repared, easy to install and the icon never runs away from you.

I use this for everything. Drums and all. But, I do need to upgrade to 3.0... Don't think thats happening until I start sampling and I get my MPC.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: DJ i.c.e. ( 8-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
The features are great. I really enjoy the different racks, and ReDrum is the best thing out to program drums since the MPC series... NO joke! The sound library is pretty nice as well. And for all you hip hop producers out there that sample, it gets no better than Reason. Get you a copy of ReCycle 2.1 and you'll be flying with your samples in no time.

$350

This is the easiest program I've ever used when it comes to beatmaking. It is the easiest thing to work around in my own setup. It seems kinda overwheling at first, but once you play around with it, read some tutorials, and ask around for help, it becomes second nature. Just like anything else, it takes practice but once you get around the learning curve it's cake. You tend to learn new things everytime you use the program. In my opinion, it's easier to use than FL.

Some of the best sound quality I've heard from any software synth application. For better more intune mastering you'll want to rewire to another host though, like ProTools or Sonar. I'm lookin forward to gettin the 3.0 upgrade which I hear has a nice mastering suite.

It's never crashed for me, with Propellerhead software it's really not a question of durability. As long as you have a good running PC, you should have no worries. Quality is top-of-the-line.

I've never made a beat I've FULLY enjoyed on my own (as well as others) until I started using Reason. (Then again I'm my own hardest critic) I'm glad I have an open mind and was able to see the profound possibilities software offers. I was also glad someone reccomended it with very high regards, otherwise I might have passed it up. I haven't used anything (as my centerpeice) since I really started gettin down with Reason, and I don't plan too either. I'm in the process of selling some of my hardware. Get Reason NOW, thank me LATER!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: DaOriginalBlade ( 6-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
Propellerheads Reason is the smartest progam.

350 + samples

Reason 2.5 is very intuitive to my way of thinking. It makes me feel like I truly have a competitive advantage over people using other programs. I recommend reading Reason 2.5 Power, the manual, and FP.com; trying new features that might be applicable to the visions you have for your music.

The sound quality in reason depends a lot upon the user. its easy to make music that is "dirty" and more of a challange to make "clean" music. that in mind, i prefer a slightly dirty feel to my music, and so its perfect.

Its as hard as a rock. It really has the quality engineering that you can trust, like say how you trust BMW and Mercedes with their engineering.

I love it to death. Everyone involved with this program has done more than just participate in capitalism. Theyve provided a platform from which society can progress in art.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: tmonyfilm (January 1-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
Reason is a beatmaking program, no more, no less. I'm actually glad it isn't burdened with a bunch of useless effects, because a pro should be effecting their samples in a much more capable program like logic or protools anyway. If your goal is quick, basic processing, it comes with the necessary bare-bones reverb, eq ad compression. Only thing is maybe a few more options for hardware samplers, and perhaps a more capable vocoder? Overall, great.

$299

Took a while to get to know, but once you are there, it is like drinking water. Very seamless, and the rewire function, once you figure it out (which may take a couple days of your life, as it did me), is great. Just make sure you have plenty of CPU power and memory.

Very good. Samples once bounced into audio program such as logic are extremely clean, only problem is that some of the refills can clip easily, especially the keyboard sounds. Watch your levels, and you will be pleased.

Love it, love it, love it. An absolute essential piece to any serious GUI-based producer.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: NonMos (January 2-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
The features are excellent, there are a wide range of samplers, synths and mixing techniques. Reason is very impressive in this department.

£250

Reason's appearence can be very daunting, at first it looks very complicated and unstructured. Once you get to grips with the software and routines are established use becomes easier however.

Generally the sound quality is very good, howevever at first I found it very complex to achieve a thick, clean mix. This seemed to become easier as I became more familiar with the software.

Personally I have never had any problems with Reason; based upon my own experience I would say that quality and durability are excellent.

Reason is a great piece of software, it is not too difficult to use, has lots of features and is also very impressive and professional in terms of appearence. It becomes very addictive and offers a ride wange of sounds and techniques to use.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: YoungHov ( 6-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
I don't think there's much missing from the synths, and theres an excellent drum machine and samplers. The fx are bit weak, but hopefully this will be addressed in 3.0, or you can rewire. An obvious missing effect is a high pass filter, or a decent multichannel eq.

£300

The software is very easy to use, and is very powerful, in that it allows you to put your ideas down very quickly. The menus are easily accessible, and nothing is ever fiddly or non-intuitive IMHO. The only drawback is the cabling and routing at the back can get a bit overwhelming at times.

The sound coming from the synths and samplers is excellent. The fx and mixer are slightly lacking though. However you can rewire reason into a host sequencer and then apply fx, and do some proper mixing, so this works out alright.

I've had software and vsts crash and samples go missing. Reason has never ever crashed, and the files have never ever corrupted. Its as solid as a rock.

I love reason, it allows me to put ideas down very quickly and its shortcomings can be fixed by rewiring. Not a lot to dislike and lot to like.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: mafkaroo ( 6-, 2005)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
There are so many features. I wish I had time to write on each one. The feature I like the most is rewire which allows you to use Reasons with any rewire software like Protool or Cubase.

299.00

It's not easy in the begining but it's worth learning how to use it. If you don't like learning stick to fruity loops.

Great sound quality. Absolutly the best on software synths.

3 CDs sound pretty durable to me. Also I haven't had any crashes or free ups on my computer.

This is a software synth that will be around forever. I just purchaced a MV 8000 and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. I sold my RS7000 and I'm still making the same or even better quality music using just Reasons. It totally saved my production

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: First1 (January 1-, 2004)

Reason Studios Reason 2.5
There is everything u need and might find in a hardware studio aswell. the only thing i sometimes miss is the ability to timestretch samples.. but hey, there are alternatives for that and this fact won't even scratch the 10..

400 Euro

great. if you like working in a studio u will love working with reason.. no more missing cables or devices.. theres as much as your cpu can handle.. in a great design.

Excellent. the fact that there's always some headroom left bothers some people and make them think, the sound quality is worse.. well. you are all wrong. this baby sounds just awesome.
never .. n - e - v - e - r crashed.. using it for 2 years now..

U sit down and make musik with it.. that's what it's all about. and it works. u have an idea for a new song? with reason u get it going in 10 minutes.. and it's soooo much fun.. i can't tell u how much i love this program. 100/10 !! ;D buy it! u won't regret one cent!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: georgeblunt ( 9-, 2004)