Beyma SM-115N
Beyma SM-115N
Ipwarrior Ipwarrior

«  Good HP! »

Published on 04/08/12 at 15:56
Hey guys an SM115 / N does not cost 273 euros! Correct!
An SM115 / N it would cost about 135 euros.

At the time of year it was 90 to 865 francs.
There are three versions of the SM115 I believe:
Old Series SM115 SM115 and SM115 short / N
Let's say that you are entitled to three different settings Thiele Small ...
I do not mean the SM115 / K.

What characteristics have motivated your choice?
The SM 115 / N HP is the first prize in the semi-pro.
I wanted something more serious.
For what purpose?
Is that I believed in the evenings in Paris at the time ;-)!
But festive for the 200-300 people, Let's follow a minimum.
I wanted to professionalize the fact nights but with the participation of the group at the time, which was not the case.
The goal was to invest but do not bénefs: reinvestment to improve the evenings, but the group did not share my opinion.
What amp / What configuration? ...
The PA2600 was the first "customer" of SM115 4: ouaa he struggled!
The config is now SM115 4 in 1 or 2 EP2500.
And then sends it properly with a low cut at 30Hz.

The frequency curve is sufficiently neutral?
Yes there are over nickel, they are good hp, munchies at 200Hertz, but nothing nasty.
The dynamics are respected? ...
So let's see ... I remember ZZ Top-Eliminator - Gimme All Your Loving
Here I am lowered into the grave: what pressure, what sound!
I was dmg: great sound and I had to work! (I was not back on stage).
People had a great sound, great dynamics, it was great.
The stereo is good?
It was a wall length of 4 speakers, a little hard on the stereo but the gauge was 600.
The sound is clear and precise across the spectrum?
0 to 30 meters (the back of the room) yes!
Besides, I was on the ass as they say.
I'm setting my niece Marion, who helped me great on this one.
My brother has broken ear (because of his job in tunnel) so I can not use the Button (HS to his ear because 8Khz machines in tunnels: every year there's the dead in tunnels under construction ... This is hard as work).

How long you use it?
The SM115 / N I have since 2003. They are robust: they are resistant to falls of kittens! (This is no joke: the night they made jumps on hps is p'tits devils, I tell you not my head the next day ... finally they are only animals, not as we thought it )
Did you tried many other models before buying it?
As I listened to a 38cm Ardan, a Celestion high-end sound system, and a PRO38S100
What is so special that you love the most, least?
The SM115 / N I like it: it has a super nice medium, why I love them!
The SP300GI reaches the dethroned on the articulation of the medium but hey they provide a lower pressure so too ... should be compared with a SP385G example.
They work with a nickel EP2500: those who have concerns with the EP4000 may have misread the real power of a EP4000: this is 450W/8ohms/20-20Khz
How would you rate the quality / price?
Compared with the promotion in the 90's on the Sound Blue PRO38S100, we can say that it's a bit expensive.
Nevertheless, compared to the current market, they are in the middle: their direct competitor is the Kappa15 Pro LF
With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Probably more powerful: I am limited in number of speakers that I can ship. The boxes can easily accept hps 2 times more powerful: that is, an Xmax of 10 mm. A 15G450N can go in, finally neodymium version to meet the balancing of the assembly.