Mesa Boogie 1x12 Thiele
drapeau_rouge drapeau_rouge

«  One of the best 1x12 on the market! »

Published on 05/14/14 at 07:03
Value For Money : Poor
Mesa Boogie 1x12 Thiele, 1989, equipped with a speakerphone ElectroVoice EVM12L can collect up to 200 watts into 8 ohms. There is also an output Parallel Out so you can connect a second speaker, always 8 ohms. Despite his age, mine is in perfect condition.

This small 1x12 cabinet is very heavy (15 kg)! This is due to ElectroVoice speaker weighs just over 8kgs. The construction is obvious strength and quality. I owned an Orange PPC112 with a Celestion Vintage 30 and the Mesa is clearly in the upper range.

Level, the Thiele is amazing transparency. The sound is ultra-balanced, nothing protrudes. Bass / mid / treble, everything is at the same level, it is quite surprising! The richness of the bass content to bury a lot of 2x12 and even a 4x12.
In terms of distribution, regardless of where one stands in front of him, the sound is always audible. The Thiele sends its surprisingly broad way!
200 W eligible you will connect with a lot of different amp heads, whatever their power. Side of the coin, the Thiele request to be pushed to show all his qualities because I find it a little fuzz at very low volume.
All styles fit him, from jazz to metal. The sounds of my three amps (Marshall JCM 800 2203 Orange Tiny Terror and VHT / Fryette Pitbull CLX) are magnified.

I wanted a 1x12 very good for rehearsals and other café-concert. I think I have found the gem. Despite the high price, it is in my opinion one of the best 1x12 ever built. I do not know the new Thiele equipped with Celestion C90 specially developed for Mesa Boogie but it in Electrovoice is simply a killer. A heavy weight in the range of 1x12 cabinets!

Despite this, I still advise you to try before you buy because it is possible that neutrality does not suit you and you rabattiez a product equipped with a speaker sound more colorful.