M-Audio Oxygen 25
M-Audio Oxygen 25
willbe willbe

«  Very nice for the price »

Publié le 06/18/10 à 04:37
I was looking for a cheap USB keyboard and compact, with few controls (pots, knobs), and easy to use.

I previously owned a 49-key Change, an M-Audio Axiom 25 and a Korg R3 (who also knows how synth keyboard). For comparison:
The Oxygen 25 has a lower reach is a bit soft. Not being a pianist, it does not bother me, I use the keyboard to type my notes in my sequencer and play with sounds to compose. I'm not performing.
Different functions (program change, change octave, volume ...) are directly accessible, no menus / sub-menu, it works. Where Axiom 25 was very cryptic, the Oxygen 25 exudes simplicity.
It has a function to change tracks in the software, a push of a button. It works on Reason, and it's a feature I use on stage. A nice surprise!

I've had two months, I'm happy. It takes up little space on my desk and is pleasant to use. The pots / knobs / slider is firm and responsive, touch again a little soft, but for the price (99 euros) you can make music without breaking the bank. I recommend it.