Mesa Boogie Recto 4x12 Standard Slant
Mesa Boogie Recto 4x12 Standard Slant
iamqman iamqman

« Heavy Duty.... Duty! »

Publié le 06/27/11 à 23:04
Mesa is the king of solid built guitar cabinets. Their cabs are so heavy and so rock solid that it would take a steam roller to crush them. They are the quintessential American made product. When I think of solid American made products I think of care and quality put into the manufacturing and assembly on what ever product that may be.

There really isn't another cabinet builder out there that can build like these rugged heavy duty Mesa Boogie Recto cabinets. These cabs are just an absolute dream cab, but be weary of trying to transport it. They are extremely heavy and dense.

We had a slant version of the traditional recto cab and it was beaten gig after gig and it always hung together. This cab is a bit bigger than a traditional Marshall cab. Not only is it bigger but it carries a lot of mass to it. It takes two people for sure to pick this thing up but with my Marshall cab I could lift it by myself.
Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Rectifier Standard Slant Speaker Cabinet Features:

* Black Twisted Jute Grille
* Black Piping
* Trak-Loc Removable Casters
* Slip Cover

I believe Mesa Boogie gets their Celestion V30's differently than regular V30's I know that today's V30's are made in China which is awesome...blahhhh. I want to say that the Mesa V30's are still in the UK and have a little bit different tone to them. They seem to be a little warmer and smoother on the high end. Not that the China V30's sound that bad but the Mesa ones compared sound better.

In addition to Mesa's wood and construction, the wheel casters are top notch as well. Many guitarist will replace their casters from their Marshall and Bogner cabs for the Mesa because they are just heavy duty. The will hold up to pain and abuse.

Couple this with a Mesa 2x12 and you will have a solid wall of Mesa recto sound pounding you in the face and chest. Mesa's attention to detail and respect for the craftsmanship for quality guitar products is remarkable. In recent years many quality guitar amplifier companies have been changing quality for quantity and cheaper ways of construction. Not Mesa, they have stayed true to their roots when they were a new company and this cabinet is a shining example of that remarkable pride of craftsmanship.

I would recommend this cab to any Mesa player but also anyone who wants to get a solid built cab that has proper Celestion v30's in it. These cabinets will thump!

Detail