Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
nickname009 nickname009

« the go-to power supply!!! »

Publié le 04/05/11 à 19:32
specs:

Toroidal power transformer
9/12V (x4) – Standard 9V and 12V Boss ACA
9V (x2) – High Current 9V and Line 6 Modelers
9V (x2) – Standard 9V With Battery Sag Control
18V/24V – Using Custom Cables

The voodoo lab pedal power has been one of if not the most famed power supply out there today. For many reasons, it works, and the support is great! I misplaced one or two of the provided cables and emailed their support, they mailed me one for free and I got it in the next week or so! Awesome!

I've owned this when I had a semi medium-sized board to power everything. I ended up using every output and even the AC plug to power an extra pedal. My pedals have never stopped working or fried out on me. Though I've heard many worse stories with other supplies. It's also a decent size, not too big, though of course, if they can ever make them smaller, I wouldn't complain! I have never experienced any excessive noise though I don't notice it being quieter either. Ground loops and hum is not an issue of course. One thing, DO read the manual if you need to power anything in a special or unique or complex way!!! Make sure you plug the cables using the right ends for each input/output etc! I was lucky enough that I went after simple boss-like pedals and just one or two oddball pedals.

I've now simplified my pedal rig down to 3 or 4, of which use their own power supply or require nearly nothing to power. I'm trying to go boardless if possible and thus sold off the PP2. But if I ever had to build another board, the PP2 would be the one to power'em all! I'd much prefer this over any other power supply for the price. It's decently priced and well worth it!