Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
mooseherman mooseherman
Publié le 06/05/09 à 08:24
<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">What thing do you like most/least about it?

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;"><span style="white-space: pre;"> </span>I've had my fair share of power supply issues in my time. My new favorite is this Pedal Power 2 Plus, simply because its the best PS I've found for reducing noise. This power supply is capable of powering up to 8 9-or-12V pedals at once, and it isolates each one so that there is no buildup of noise. I've never been able to get the right combination of effects without having too much noise or hum in my sound. I also really like the fact that you can switch from 9V to 12V for each input, which makes things incredible easy and ideal if you are using various pedals. I also enjoy some of the finer controls that the pedal offers. For instance, if you need high current to power a pedal, you can set the Pedal Power 2 to deliver that. It also has a nice SAG feature, which I don't fully understand, but I can tell that It allows some pedals to be dampened. From what I've gathered it allows you to decrease the voltage for pedals. It doesn't work well for everything but my fuzz pedal sounds great sometimes when I need it to back off a bit. Although I've never been able to do it since I don't have the appropriate pedals, the Pedal Power 2 plus also has the option of powering 18V and 24V devices as well, though this requires some extra cables.

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Times New Roman; min-height: 15.0px;">

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">Did you try many other models before getting this one?

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">I used to have to limit myself not only to Boss pedals, but to 9V ones at that, to avoid making noise (and so that I could daisy-chain the pedals and therefore only have to use one power supply). This makes that problem nonexistant. This is a better product than anything I've tried.

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">What is your opinion about the value for the price?

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">If you have a lot of pedals, this is totally worth the price. It usually only runs for about $170 but you could possibly find a used one for cheaper (though I doubt too many people are trying to get rid of them, considering how sweet they are!)

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?...

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">I would absolutely recommend this power supply over any other, assuming that one has enough pedals to justify buying it. If you're only using one or two pedals, it might not be ideal.

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">Precision and quality of the sound?

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana;">I think the best thing about this supply is that each pedal sounds virtually the same as it would if it was the only pedal that was plugged in. This is rare among pedals that share power supplies. Therefore that's the best way to describe the quality of the sound, which is only as good as the sound of the pedals you are using (as well as the amp and guitar/bass).

<div></div>