Digidesign RM2 active monitors
The RM2 is the bigger of the two new monitors from Digidesign. Full spec inside...
The RM2 features a 6.7-inch low frequency driver, a 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled high frequency driver. It’s designed for recording studios, mixing suites, post-production facilities, broadcast installations. "Though the RM2 is relatively compact in stature, it can produce higher volumes and lower bass extension than other speakers of similar sizes — even if identical or larger drivers are used — thanks to PMC’s Advanced Transmission Line (ATL™) technology", says the manufacturer.
Because of its design, the frequency response also remains consistent regardless of how high or low you adjust the volume, meaning you won’t need to crank it to achieve maximum bass response. RM2 is also designed for a wide sound dispersion, so you’ll get accurate frequency response even when you’re listening in an off-axis position, says Digidesign.
- * Professional, bi-amplified monitor
* Analog and digital inputs (up to 24-bit/96 kHz)
* Audiophile-grade, analog-controlled Class D amplifiers with high-quality
linear power supply units
* Advanced Transmission Line technology provides high sound pressure level
(SPL) and superior bass extension
* Unrivaled tonal accuracy, clarity, and dynamic range with exceptionally
* Powerful onboard DSP engine provides:
o Extremely accurate digital crossover for pristine imaging
o Bass Port Emulation mode to emulate tonal characteristics of ported bass
o Precise gain trim, low- and high-frequency adjustment, and speaker placement
* Low jitter analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with low-noise clock oscillator
* Sound dispersion design maintains accurate frequency response even in off-axis
List price is $ 3,499.00 per pair.
Get the spec here.