Focal CMS 50
Focal CMS 50

Active Monitor from Focal belonging to the CMS series.

aligi aligi
Published on 06/22/14 at 07:40
Before I used that had as passive failure to make unmanageable mix at low Tannoy. As my space is very limited I also need tracks can be placed very close to the walls.
I use it mainly for recording vocals, guitar, bass, synths and prémixs and mixes.

Rendering is excellent on all frequencies and considering the fact that I record a lot of acoustic instruments, the lack of subwoofer does not bother me too much. The sound is clear and detailed across the spectrum and I can easily and quickly identify any defects in the catch, which allows me to be safe for the integration of sounds on the final mix.

I use them for three years and they make me gain a lot of time on prémixs that I often do in an emergency. I used mainly passive Tannoy before.
What pleases me most with these Focal is the time saved through improved reliability listening.
This I like least is the lack of protection of the speakers, because once the gates removed can no longer use them and I move quite frequently.
I realized using these monitors (despite their high quality), it is important is to know well its speakers, ear offsetting the final defects.
Yes, I do it again this choice without problem.