[MUSIKMESSE] Genelec 8340A & 8350A
In addition to two new subwoofer models, Genelec is also presenting two new monitors, the 8340A and 8350A.
Genelec is launching the 8340A and 8350A SAM studio monitors to complement the existing 8320 and 8330. All support the new GLM 2.0's easy calibration system.
The 8340A features a 6 1/2 inch woofer and 3/4 inch metal dome tweeter DCW, each delivering 150W. The 8350A features a 200W, 8 inch woofer and 150W, 2 inch metal dome tweeter. Both models are class-D powered.
- New Smart monitors’ connectivity covers all possible analogue or digital audio applications.
- Genelec’s advanced Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) for a wide, controlled listening area, minimizing early reflections for very accurate sound reproduction on-axis and off-axis.
- New Smart monitors feature improved frequency response flatness achieving very neutral sound reproduction.
- Constant latency above 200 Hz for exact time domain translation, contributing to accurate harmonics and sound image reproduction.
- All connectors facing down for easy cabling and monitor placement against a wall or in a corner.
- New Smart monitors are fully compatible with Genelec wide range of versatile accessories.
More details at www.genelec.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.