M-Audio BX10s
M-Audio BX10s

Active Monitor from M-Audio belonging to the BX series.

dj_epo dj_epo
Publié le 12/27/07 à 00:06
Making electronic music, and being equipped with BX8a, the mixture was not bad, but lacked a bit of rendering in the low frequencies.
So I started buying this box not especially expensive, but mostly the same brand as my speakers, and designed to run together.

The unit is plugged in behind my juli @ sound card (the subwoofer and the speakers are amplified).

The downside of this part: when the box is off, I wish I could use my speaker mode unfiltered. This is impossible, we must turn it absolutely.

I have actually no real point of comparison with other boxes.
For what I hear ringing, but I put a very good note.
The crossover is adjustable, and it is transplanted to the box to connect the stereo speakers (which are filtered accordingly by the way).
The sound is totally clean, is not to say, and the box is no shortage of potatoes, it is far too powerful for even me, but good once it's set and setting, it is not ready to saturate , that's fine.

A small problem when the bypass function of the box: it is possible to cut it to send the entire spectrum monitoring speakers connected to it. The function is great for listening to what gives the mix without the box, but when we did that, it sends a volume micropoil stronger during a short period of time before it stabilizes. We also hear a verrrrry light "click" when the switch (should lend an ear), I dare not imagine what it can give if you're at high volume. -1 Point for this little problem then.

The value for money I think frankly very very good, the box is really full, level settings there is not much to complain (crossover, volume, phase reverse, boost the box, bypass the box, filtering satellites ) is really nickel.

I have not tried other models, but I really love the quality of products MAUDIO.