Pioneer S-DJ05 & S-DJ08
Pioneer introduced its active reference speakers designed specifically with DJ/Producers in mind.
The S-DJ08 (8-inch) is available from late December and the smaller all round DJ S-DJ05 (5 inch) from early January 2011. Both models come as a pair.
The S-DJs are equipped with a 10cm magnet and a low resonance chimney-style heat sink.
The speakers connect your music production and DJ set-ups to an integrated bi-amp circuit, which drives the tweeter and woofer independently.
The S-DJ08 and S-DJ05 are the first speakers to allow DJs and producers to control their settings at the touch of a button. The controller lets you adjust the volume, mute the speakers, switch audio inputs and turn the EQ on and off from one remote location. And joining the speakers together with a link cable means any adjustments need only be made once.
The speakers’ built-in linear equalizer adjusts the frequency characteristics in the low and high bands from -6 dB to +6dB, without the added expense of a sub-mixer. The S-DJs enable switching between four audio terminals.
Other features include:
- Blue LED display on front of speaker indicates input source, EQ and power on or off.
- Screw holes in the speaker base are fitted for installation purposes.
- Auto-standby function switches the units to standby mode when no input or usage is detected for over 60 minutes.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Wishbone Workshop The Wishbone 45 The Wishbone Workshop is introducing a new way to mic guitar and bass amps with the design and structure of the Wishbone 45 mic placement system.
- Innovason Eclipse featuring Solution D The results of Neumann’s cooperation with mixing console manufacturer Innovason will "push the limits in today’s audio production workflows," according to Neumann and Innovason.
- Primacoustic TelePad-4 TelePad-4 is designed to enable musicians to mount their iPhone directly on a mic stand, music stand or hi-hat to allow them to view one of the many applications that are proliferating around the globe.