Lynx Studio Technology Hilo
Lynx Studio unveiled Hilo (pronounced hee-low) – a two-channel converter.
Touch screen, DSP, up to 32 channels possible via expansion, a headphone amp as well as internal mixers and capable of running on a battery pack.
The Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System provides two channels of mastering analog to digital conversion, up to eight channels of digital to analog conversion, a secondary monitor output, and an independent headphone amplifier in a half-rack size. Hilo’s 480 x 272 touchscreen provides an interface that can adapt to a particular application and be upgraded with enhancements and new features. Initial front panel controls support signal routing and mixing, sample rate selection, clock source options, levels, metering and diagnostic features.
Basically, Hilo is designed to replace three different components:
- Hilo is an analog to digital converter
- It is also a digital to analog converter.
- It is an independent headphone amplifier. The headphone section has its own, dedicated D/A converter. This allows Hilo to offer a headphone output. Second, due to Hilo’s internal 32 channel mixer, any input set can be routed to the headphone stereo output. This means that a mix that is different from the analog outputs and monitors can be applied to the headphones.
• There are three sets of analog outputs: main analog output, monitor output (with volume) and headphone output (with volume)
• The digital I/O section offers the choice of AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT formats
• The design of the analog stage and converter topology are designed to allow low noise and distortion specifications
• A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
• A 32 channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
• 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot.
• AC powered with Battery operation available
• Open ended software for future measurement, metering, diagnostic and personalization features using the touch screen LCD.
More info at SourceDistribution.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Black Lion Audio Sparrow ADC mk2 Black Lion's Sparrow ADC mk2 is now available for purchase.
- Audix M1280B Audix introduced the M1280B, part of its Micros Series condenser microphones with integrated preamp and detachable cable.
- [AES] AEA KU4 Audio Engineering Associates (AEA), announced at the AES show that its s new KU4 supercardioid ribbon microphone is now available through AEA dealers worldwide.