New SSL Alpha-Link MX Audio Converters
Solid State Logic announces the launch of Alpha-Link MX.
Alpha-Link MX is the first of a new generation of SSL A-D/D-A converters. The new generation SSL converters are based on the larger Alpha-Link SX and AX models.
The Alpha-Link MX range consists of two different 1 U units that can be used individually or combined to create larger systems. Each unit features 64 channel digital audio I/O via Fibre Optic MADI In/Out connections which can be used to connect to a suitably equipped MADI device including SSL’s own MadiXtreme, MX4 andDelta-Link computer audio interfaces, or to cascade multiple MX units. The ‘Alpha-Link MX 16-4’ has 16 analogue inputs and 4 analogue outputs, making it a 16 channel capture device with 4 outputs for artist and studio monitoring. The ‘Alpha-Link MX 4-16’ has 4 analogue inputs and 16 analogue outputs, making it a solution for 16 channel analogue summing with 4 channels of audio capture. Up to four MX units can be cascaded in any combination in a daisy chain. In this way systems with up to 80 analogue connections which are routable to a single 64 channel MADI In/Out connection can be created. MX units have a switchable reference level to enable matching with the rest of your studio system, with a range of settings between +24dB and +14dB. Alpha-Link MX units are configured via a set of front panel controls with status indicator LED’s providing status and level information.
Alpha-Link MX units are available bundled with an SSL MadiXtreme 64 Mac or PC audio interface.
- SSL A-D/D-A converter technology
- 64 channel Fibre Optic MADI digital audio In/Out
- Alpha-Link MX 16-4: 16 analogue In, 4 analogue Out (balanced)
- Alpha-Link MX 4-16: 4 analogue In, 16 analogue Out (balanced)
- Cascade up to 4 Units for up to 80 analogue connections
- 44.1 to 96kHz operation with varispeed up to ± 10% (192kHz operation will be available as a free firmware upgrade by 31/12/2012)
- Switchable reference level with a range of settings between +24dB and +14dB
- Can Partner with SSL MadiXtreme, MX4 & Delta-Link interfaces
- Front panel setup controls
- Dedicated tri-colour signal activity LED’s
- BNC Word Clock sync In/Out
- Rear panel analogue connection via standard 25 pin D-Sub
Pricing & Availability:
Alpha-Link MX is available now from SSL Resellers worldwide.
Alpha-Link MX 16-4: £849, $1449, 1091.60€ + VAT or Sales Tax
MX 16-4 I/O Bundle: MadiXtreme 64 & Alpha-Link MX 16-4: £999, $1699, €1276.47 + Local Taxes
Alpha-Link MX 4-16: £849, $1449, 1091.60€ + Local Taxes
MX 4-16 I/O Bundle: MadiXtreme 64 & Alpha-Link MX 4-16: £999, $1699, €1276.47 + VAT or Sales Tax
Visit www.solidstatelogic.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- TC Electronic DB-4 & DB-8 MKII Updated The 3.40 upgrade includes a new Advanced Loudness Correction processor, ALC6, and LKFS reading for the Radar Loudness Meter, LM6.
- Moog MF-104M Analog Delay The MF-104M recreates the sound and vibe of the Classic MF-104.
- Aphex EX·BB 500 Module Aphex has launched the EX•BB 500 module, featuring the company’s Aural Exciter and Big Bottom audio enhancement technologies.