[NAMM] Crest Audio HP-W
Crest Audio introduces the HP-W professional mixing console, a continuation of its HP-Eight™ Series consoles.
The HP-W is available in 28-, 36- and 44-standard mono input frames, with four full stereo channels, eight mono Automix™ channels (automix is a gain-sharing protocol that allows increased gain before feedback) and two stereo line returns.
The HP-W mixing console features a four-band, double-swept mid EQ, eight analog subgroups, 100 mm faders, two-channel matrix, talkback and monitor systems, eight-scene mute, a stereo ambient mic input and two alternate outputs with processing.
The console also includes 10 aux sends on each input channel with fader flip functions to enable use as a monitor mixer, plus four stereo line input channels with EQ, assignment and aux sends capable of handling dual-mono or split-track signals.
The HP-W is available now from authorized Crest Audio dealers.
Key features :
- 44, 36 or 28 standard mono input channels.
- Eight analog subgroups.
- 10 auxes.
- Eight mono gain-sharing Automix™ input channels.
- 11 x 2 matrix.
- Four fully stereo input channels with assignments that can also handle dual-mono or split- track applications.
- Two stereo line returns on 60 mm faders with assignment and two aux sends.
- One stereo ambient mic input with four aux sends.
- XLR and ¼” connectors on all mono inputs.
- Individual 48-volt phantom power, mic/line and polarity reverse switches on all mono input channels.
- Fader Flip function on aux outputs places aux masters on faders in place of groups & L/R.
- 100 mm faders on mono inputs, auto mix inputs, stereo inputs, groups and separate left, right and mono outputs.
- Four-band, double-swept mid EQ.
- Eight microprocessor-controlled mute scenes.
- Two alternate outputs that can be sourced from L, R, M or matrix outputs (stereo compressor, expander and limiter on both).
- XLR connectors on aux outputs.
- Full talkback and monitor systems.
- Internal power supply with provision for external, redundant supply.
- Modular input blocks of eights channels for ease of service.
- Made in the U.S.A..
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.