Mackie CFX12.mkII
Mackie CFX12.mkII

Analog Mixer from Mackie belonging to the CFX.mkII series.

harmonica76 harmonica76
Published on 01/02/08 at 02:18
Paramtrique EQ on each mono track.
4-band EQ (low, 400Hz, 3kHz, high) on 2-way Stereo.
Routing: 4 subgroups, 2 aux (pre or post fader), 2 FX send, 2 Stereo Returns.
Output XLR + jack hand over an output "out Utility" output equivalent to the main mix, but with a potentiomtre rgler volume to the volume separately.
The output "tape out" RCA is the equivalent of the main mix, but before the fader "main".
One XLR output to spare Subwoofer (filter).
Insert the mono + 8 tracks on the main mix.

No key "bypass" the qualiseur gnral (you must put all faders to zero on the by-pass) no possibility to assign an output particulire (returns ) as on some consoles.

- The drivations "to" and "effects" are trs simple to understand: the button layout talking to herself, and srigraphie guide the eye (switch connected by a line to which it is potentiomtre li etc.)
- The only BMOL is on the main route: the track can not be sent directly to the main mix, but must be a subgroup, which must itself be the main road .

The manual is fun to read, clear and I got Retailer.

I'm not pro and few lments comparison. So no opinion on the quality of sound. It suits me well, and that's it!

I have the console for a week, it's my gift from Nol and I toy with every day ... I had a Behringer UB1204FX before.
To have sound with an amateur performance of some instruments and voice, and without any other hardware that the microphone (no equalizer, compressor, effects).
I really like:
- The "all-in-one" of the console: enough of (8 + 2 microphones stro lines) and route (4 subgroups, with 2 + 2 fx), equalizer on the main mix, effects Intgr.
- Legalization semi-parameter. It is my great pleasure from the UB1204: rgler diffrent to the sound of a violin, an acoustic guitar nylon or folk electro-acoustic sound and hear the typical sound of the instrument because its own frquences are highlighted ... The 4-band equalizer on the line between stro is nice also, my electro-acoustic folk out even better through this channel.
- Led a "level 0" on each mono between rgler very practical for the gain of the pre-amp (the signal light output pre-amp, but pre-equalizer, pre- fader).
- And little extra: button "break switch" to turn off all the microphones at once, dedicates output for subwoofer, connector for lamp (lighting of the table).
- Reputable "tough" Mackie and seems to sound.

This console offers all the features I wanted in a "medium" (not compact like UB1204, but when even portable).
The price is right for me saw what she gives me (paying 449 in PA planet).
To win the same day, I have to do five shops of Pigalle, because two had none in stock, two others had one or two, but dj Reserved, and last no longer had one, and I knew APRS purchase another customer had to go see In the afternoon, but before I pass ...
It seems that other than me it intressent.