[Musikmesse] SSL Matrix
SSL announces the release of Matrix, their new SuperAnalogue 16 channel, 40 input mixing console at the Frankfurt Musikmesse.
According to SSL, Matrix is a SuperAnalogue 16 channel, 40 input mixing console with inbuilt signal router and multi-layer digital workstation control. It is designed to bring the soul of analogue sound into the process of digital workflow by providing the tools to work effectively in both domains simultaneously.
Matrix is composed of five main elements:
- 16 Channel Console with Dual Summing Inputs, Aux Sends and additional returns… providing more than 40 summed inputs to Mix output.
- 16+1 Fader, 4 Layer DAW Controller using Ethernet connection. This provides single cable, high speed workstation control for most popular DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Live and Reason.
- Integrated, recallable, software controlled 32x16x16 analogue routing matrix.
- Monitoring with independent Main & Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection, three External Monitor inputs with source summing and front panel iJack input.
- A Mac and Windows compatible application that provides platform independent project management and routing control, this includes FX chains and routing set-ups to simplify patching outboard units through the router.
SSL tells us that the name Matrix is derived from its unique, software controlled integrated SuperAnalogue™ router which manages the sends and returns of up to 16 analogue outboard processor units together with the assignment of the console’s channel strip inputs and insert points. They say that by using the Matrix Java control panel software, any combination of outboard gear can be inserted into any of your console channels, essentially giving you the ability to run your outboard as ‘analogue plug-ins’ with your DAW.
Matrix will be available worldwide through selected SSL Resellers in May 2008 with a MSRP of $25,995.00.
For more information, visit their web site at www.solid-state-logic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] ADAM A5 and Sub7 Building on the A7, ADAM Audio announces the expansion of the A Series with the new A5 Powered Monitor and the Sub7 Subwoofer.
- [Musikmesse] PreSonus StudioLive PreSonus Audio Electronics has announced StudioLive™ 16.4.2 Digital Performance and Recording Mixer.
- PreSonus Digimax D8 PreSonus has announced that the DigiMax D8 8-channel preamplifier with 24-bit ADAT digital output is now shipping.