Korg microKORG XL+ Classic
Korg microKORG XL+ Classic

Analog Modeling Synth from Korg belonging to the micro series.

KromeMusic KromeMusic

«  A Little Monster! »

Published on 02/19/14 at 05:00
The Microkorg XL + has the same features as the Microkorg XL with the exception of a few loan sounds (sounds like dubstep): mini key keyboard with 3 octaves. 128 sounds excellent quality all modifiable. It has a wide range of effects such as reverb, delay, phaser etc ...
It is polyphonic. It also has a 16-band vocoder with mic provides. There is an arpeggiator that can be set via the menu.
This is a synth-oriented style more like hip hop, dubstep, trance, rock, pop and many other but mainly electro.
It is equipped with two audio sorites, a headphone output, both standard MIDI connectors, a line input and a USB port.

The general configuration is rather simple. It takes almost no time to turn and provides manual is very clear. The only detail that is stuck editing sounds. We are obliged to go through a menu to change which makes use of the most difficult beast to live. But despite this defect, we will mark easily in the menu.

The sounds are awesome! They fit perfectly with my style of music.
There are all the bass, leads, strings, pads, PolySynth, vocoder all very good. Velocity is quite effective and realistic effects. There are currently no aftertouch which is not a problem for me.

I use it for about 6 months and I'm glad ^ ^. He accompanies me everywhere, and is a loyal friend who ink perfectly with my other synth :). The price quality ratio is unbeatable in my opinion.
What I like in the XL + is its portability, sound quality and vocoder. It is a choice I would do eyes closed.
It is recommended for those seeking a synth quality to complete a workstation or so people wanting a first synth that does not take up too much space.