In one sentence, you do not veer Nagra IV-SJ, they are famous, still need to know to use it!
And I add this additional comment:
Certainly the most suitable tape recorder to the audio provided kindly be taken in one hand and a soldering iron on the other, no big changes to make:
- Replace the power to wipe the oscillator 14 V instead of 10 V with an integrated controller and you can polarize all bands, but what a fine head for reading, even better than the 4S for a signal / sound similar, never change his Nagra SJ 4 against another, it is not worth the effort!
- Change in stereo headphone jack, it's useful!
- Turn the center channel which is not used except for a digital tape counter, why not for the most ingenious! But they are more numerous because not brave enough for the soldering iron, bp of society! Or change the head with air gaps of 2.75 mm high, why not?
- Direct entry into the making of the recording amplifier with a preamp via a potentiometer 560 mV nominal double for not using the front of the meter;
- Or use the amp with the attenuator in steps as easy to enter with an audio preamp.
There are 1000 ways to reuse and one in audio and acoustic music, I might add, the Nagra IV-SJ Fools numericians while the grass or throw trash in selling off Ebay to collectors who seek always to cheapest and most are not aware of the finer techniques of magnetic recording ...........
It has all the options, integrated connections at all levels, so that we can all do, even the audio, it amounted to 45 KHz 38 cm / s with a magnetic strip with its modern playhead finer than the 25% 4S, no one had ever told you, I assure you because I know it!
And if you add the B & K preamps that go with cells and a "B & K 4145 or 1 / 2" 4133, while others have an incentive to behave to be equivalent .... it's mind-blowing quality and finesse! But we must, again, read some tips on technology the influence of moisture on these cells as all the microphones in general, to store warm and everything will be fine even with old cells .... .. There is no audio technology without knowledge of the components, such as analog to digital for that matter.
I did not put a score of 10, it would be wrong in the last 20 portable digital but for its quality and performance! I know what it is digital, I know how it is done, sometimes very badly needs to ignorance on the part of "designers" and the cost, I know its limits in PCM and DSD, I practice too.