Moog announces the newest member of the Taurus family—the Moog Minitaur.
The Minotaur is a table-top monophonic MIDI and CV controllable analog bass synthesizer based on the design of the Taurus 3.
The front panel features a knob-per-function design, for tweakability. There are no internally stored presets, but presets can be created and managed via MIDI. The MINITAUR has several new features added to the classic Taurus synth engine, including an external audio input, that expands the basic synthesis and sound design capability of the instrument. At 8.5"(21.6cm) x 5.25"(13.3cm) and less than 3 pounds (1.36Kg), Minotaur is designed to fit into the modern computer based music production rig.
Technical features include:
- 100% analog audio signal path based on Taurus I and Taurus III synthesizers.
- 2 Taurus VCOs with variable Glide amount
- Sawtooth (original Taurus) or Square waveform selection for both VCOs
- External Audio Input
- Headphone out
- 2 Mixer VCAs for setting the level of the VCOs
- 1 VCF Moog/Taurus-style Ladder Filter w/ VC Resonance
- 1 VCA
- Two Minimoog-style ADSR Envelope generators with the Decay and Release segments controlled by the Decay knob plus a Release On/Off switch
- 1 MIDI-syncable triangle wave LFO for modulating VCF/VCOs
- DIN MIDI In and MIDI over USB out
Pricing & Availability:
- Shipping in Spring 2012
- Recommended retail price: £499 inc VAT
Check out www.moogmusic.com/products/taurus/minitaur for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.