Arturia announces the MicroBrute
Rumors have gone wild after Arturia's teaser, and it is now confirmed that the new product of the brand is the MicroBrute synth.
Announced at a price of 299€, the MicroBrute is, just like the MiniBrute, an analog monophonic synth but it is more compact that the Mini version with a 2-octave mini-keyboard. It also retains from the older brother the famous Brute Factor, Metalizer and Ultrasaw, as well as the Steiner-Parker multimode filter.
But the MicroBrute is now just a Micro-copy of the MiniBrute, Arturia replaced the arpeggiator with a step sequencer and the modulation matrix now features a physical 8-connector patch section on the front panel.
- Monophonic analog synthesizer
- 25 mini-keys
- Octave Up and Down transposition button
- LFO with three waves: saw, triangle and square
- New Overtone oscillator that generates additional harmonic content (from one octave down to fifth above the base oscillator pitch)
- Ability to mix the four waveforms (square, saw, triangle and Overtone)
- Ultrasaw, Pulse and Metalizer waveshapers
- Steiner Parker multimode filters with low-pass, band-pass, high-pass, bipolar envelope amount control and keyboard tracking
- Brute Factor
- ADSR Envelope
- VCA with Gate and Envelope modes
- Pitch bender
- Modulation wheel to control the filter cutoff or the LFO amount
- Modulation matrix (1V/Octave) with 8 mini-jacks: Envelope and LFO outputs ; Ultrasaw, Pulse width modulation, Metalizer, Overtone/Sub, Cutoff and Pitch inputs
- Step sequencer with Play and Record modes, external MIDI clock sync and ability to store up to 8 sequences
- CV/Gate interface with Gate input and output and Pitch output
- External audio input with dedicated level control
- 1/8" headphone output
- 1/4" audio output
- MIDI input
- USB/MIDI interface on USB 2.0 type B port
- Dimensions: 325 x 221 x 60mm
- Weight: 1750g
The MicroBrute will be available on November 1st. Our worldwide famous Synthwalker had the very exclusive opportunity to try the MicroBrute before its official introduction, with a well-deserved Quality/Price Award. Click here to read his review!
Viewers of this article also read...
- HyperSynth introduces the Xenophone synth Xenophone is a new mono-synth model which circuit is 100% analogue and can be driven remotely from a computer with a special designed software.
- A rack version of the Prophet 12 on the way Dave Smith was interviewed by a german magazine and announced that he is working on a rack version of his Prophet 12 synth.
- New SE Edition of the Mopho Keyboard Synth Dave Smith will launch at the end of the month a special edition of his Mopho analog synth with keyboard.