Moog Little Phatty OS Update
Moog Music announced the release of Phatty OS v.3.1, a firmware upgrade to the Phatty family of analog synthesizers.
The upgrade to the Phatty operating system coincides with an aesthetic upgrade for the Little Phatty Stage 2 Edition, as Moog introduces new black sidepieces.
- Volume Velocity Sensitivity: The ability to map note velocity to output volume with fifteen adjustable levels of sensitivity saved per preset. [Tribute Edition hardware does not currently support this feature]
- Legato Glide: Automatically engage the pitch glide between legato notes. Non-overlapping notes snap instantly to a new pitch. The user is able to play or sequence dynamic bends and slides mixed with cleanly-articulated notes.
- LFO Reset: The ability to reset the LFO cycle at the start of each note. Two LFO trigger modes provide dynamic new modulation possibilities.
- Sustain/Hold Mode: A sustain pedal or control voltage plugged into the CV GATE input jack can now be used to send MIDI Sustain on/off, and to polyphonically sustain MIDI notes from the Phatty keyboard.
- 14-bit MIDI: All Phatty synths can now send and receive 14-bit MIDI messages for voltage-controlled parameters.
- MIDI Output Filtering: New options control which MIDI CC messages are sent from the Phatty, for compatibility with external gear.
- Expanded MIDI Clock sync options: 22 clock divisions including triplet values for both LFO and Arpeggiator MIDI sync. Clock divisions range from 32nd triplets up to 4 bars.
- Improvements to Arpeggiator:
· Global Arp Setup menu: Set important arpeggiator parameters at a global level. Arpeggiator also remains active when presets are changed.
· Gate Length: Adjust the arpeggiator note length from 50% to greater than 100% (overlapping), for a range of new sonic textures.
· Arp Clock Send: Arpeggiator can now send MIDI Clock, MIDI Start and Stop messages, allowing you to synchronize other gear to the Phatty internal clock.
- Improvements to Polyphonic Mode:
- Polyphonic arpeggiation: Multiple ways to use the Arpeggiator across a poly chain of Phatty synths, from integration to freeform.
- New polyphonic note-allocation scheme: Uses a “round-robin” algorithm to share notes across multiple Phatty synths.
Availability & Pricing:
It is also available as a Factory Upgrade from Moog. Should you choose the Factory Upgrade, Moog will update the firmware for your Little Phatty (Stage 1, 2 and Tribute) as well as include a sonic tune-up to the latest hardware for $99.00.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Reactable Mobile Reactable Mobile brings the Reactable synthesizer to your mobile device.
- Music Computing StudioBLADE (Gen2) Music Computing, the makers of the StudioBLADE line of keyboard production stations, has announced the Gen2 versions.
- Blue Cat & Feeltune Collaborate on Rhizome Blue Cat Audio and Feeltune have announced a partnership for the integration of Blue Cat Audio plug-ins into Feeltune's musical workstation, the Rhizome.