Roland SH-1
Roland SH-1

Analog Synth from Roland .

Anonymous
Published on 11/01/06 at 12:15
Level features I let you discover by clicking on the image, everything is there.
But what about except that it is comprehensive for the time, a "little" synth.
Some might find the lack of an arpeggiator or other but no, it is to miss.

A number of Roland synths of the time this one donct (1978 here) operate by 15v at the gate so choose your interface midi / cv office, it must be able to provide.

This is an analog pure butter, no mysteries everything is under your fingers, tip top!
There's a nice manual with illustrated examples of kitsch sounds good, it is found on the net.

This type of synth that I would not hesitate to take every day in concert, it's solid.

The sound is very good, how did he would not with a resonant low pass filter + a hi-pass as well as its auto-adjustable bend, the random delay and the LFO, the knob and fader corresponding a mixer, a white noise pink noise + also please?
Despite its low oscillator alone are powerful, full, round.
Thank you to suboscillateur adjustable.

The filter is nice, a little dirty but in audio as it should, though! Like many there is a 24 dB loss level in the resonance amount.

You want a autowah to filter your guitar or percussion loops, your voice?
He knows how ... quiet: audio envelope follower with adjustable. (+ Fader input level sensitivity ... Waah Byzantium this "not so small" mono after all.)
I was a fan of the pulse width (adjustable in three ways) that sounded FAT!
Also the attack of the envelope is fast (2 covers LFO modulation), that you ask for?

I could find a more elegant word, but not ... this synth is couillu!
With the hi-pass, however, the fine is his field, is not it beautiful?

It is unknown from the SH101, which made him a card later.
It is rare or very rare in our country but still it is more interesting to me in his / synthesis than the 101.

He has quite a place in a modern set.
His sound enough to provide for them some VA or digital I know (keyboard, waldorf, korg) in some areas.

I recorded some sounds if you want to hear, there are waves raw. WAV sampler also: http://digitalementconverti.free.fr/demos 20synth%%% e9s/Roland 20SH1 /

I had some analog synths, digital and VA, I must say I am more sensitive to the sound of old analog grandpa (for contemporary music, of course!), So it suited me very well.
I sold shortly after for unknown reasons (I regret a little. Sniff! It's mine on the picture).

Consider if you are considering buying a SH101 example, it is not more expensive or less, better construction, more powerful and original.

I do not redeem it, not because it is not good, however.
I just changed my approach to music.