Roland MC-202 Hack
MC-202 Hack version 2 is a software application designed to interact with the Roland MC-202 analog hardware synthesizer.
Version 1 of the software (originally released in 1997) allowed users to convert MIDI files into WAV audio files that could be loaded into the cassette input port of the MC-202 to program either or both of its internal sequencers.
Version 2 of MC-202 Hack now extends the concept to allow you to “go the other direction” as well – from an MC-202's sequence(s) to a MIDI file (either using stored MC-202 cassette output files, or in real-time from the MC-202).
You can also now edit sequences directly within MC-202 Hack v2, and preview them using either a built in softsynth that emulates the sound of the MC-202 (complete with controllable parameters), or via MIDI, using either General MIDI instruments or any other MIDI-enabled software or hardware instrument, according to the designers.
- Application overhaul from v1.0
- Go from mc-202 sequence on your synth to a MIDI file
- Go from a MIDI file to an mc-202 sequence
- Edit mc-202 sequences in the software, not on your mc-202's little screen
- Copy patterns between internal and external mc-202 sequences
- Preview sequences with built in mc-202-like softsynth, GM synth, or MIDI device
- Save visual mc-202 "snapshots" of front panel synth settings
- Exchange mc-202 patch "snapshots" using easily shareable text files
- Calibrate the program to your specific MC-202
Check out the product page: www.defectiverecords.com/mc202hack/index2.html
Viewers of this article also read...
- On-Stage Stands KSP20 Universal Keyboard Sustain Pedal On-Stage Gear has announced its new KSP20 Universal Keyboard Sustain Pedal.
- New Arturia Origin Video Arturia has released a few new demo videos of their Origin synth on YouTube.
- Beat Thang Release Date The Beatkangz's Beat Thang is now slated for a Summer 2009 release.