The Mattson Mini Modular is a new modular synthesizer designed to be a portable analog modular synth.
The modules are said to conform to the electrical audio and CV standards of most of the currently available systems, and to be cross-patchable with other manufacturers systems.
Each cabinet supposedly contains space for 12 modules fed by an external power supply, providing for a portable, 12 module, analog modular system. Multiple cabinets may be interconnected horizontally and vertically to create a modular system of any size and configuration.
Each pair of cabinets latch face-to face into a compact enclosure measuring 11–3/8” (28.89cm) W X 15” (38.1cm) H X 7” (17.78cm) D.
Each system has been designed to interlock with additional systems, horizontally and vertically, for system expansion.
Currently available modules include:
- MIDI/Power Control
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- Voltage Controlled Filter
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier
- Dual Low Frequency Oscillator
- Voltage Controlled Dual Low Frequency Oscillator
- Sample and Hold
- Envelope Generator
- 4×1×2 Buffer
- 4x Mixer
- Amplitude Follower
- Aux Power Control
- 4x Gate Delay
- Utility 1
- Voltage Controlled Mixer
Details are available at the Mattson Mini Modular wiki.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Pictures of NAMM 2015 Once again this year, Audiofanzine and Modernpics partnered at NAMM 2015 to bring you the best moments of the event.
- Audiofanzine turns 15! 15 years ago, a musician who wanted to produce his work created a small website…
- [NAMM][VIDEO] End of the day at NAMM We are closing this third day at NAMM 2014 with this sweet moment that reminds us to never go by appearances….