Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
MGR/Laklander 02/01/2010

Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus : MGR/Laklander's user review

« Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus »

• Partager
Light blue in the standard Boss stompbox case. Four knobs: effect level, low filter, rate and depth. One input; mono or stereo out for spreading the chorus effect between two amps or two channels of the PA or recording console. 1 9V battery or optional AC Adapter. I've been playing bass professionally for 45 years.

Purchased in 2005 from Musiciansfriend.com I wanted a chorus effect for some songs. Paid $69 + shipping

It's easy to use: find the rate and depth you want, adjust the low pass filter for max bottom, dial in the mix of straight bass and chorus and you're all set. I also like the fact that the battery can be replaced by lifting the on/off pad rather than unscrewing four screws on the bottom. I also like having a wide on/off pad rather than a single toggle.

This is an older chorus unit, and I think technology makes today's bass choruses better sounding. I find the stereo effect rather useless live, but nice in recording.

Well-built of heavy gauge aluminum, as are all Bodd pedals.

For not much money, the Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus offers a decent sounding effects for bass that can be useful on solos or atmospheric support line.