New Seymour Duncan Studio Bass Compressor
After the Vise Grip for guitar, Seymour Duncan offers bassists their own compressor pedal, the Studio Bass Compressor.
The new Seymour Duncan Studio Bass Compressor is a VCA soft-knee compressor pedal that, according to the manufacturer, can produce subtle or extreme effects, and anything in between.
You’ll find the classic volume, attack, ratio and wet/dry mix controls, but Seymour Duncan added unusual features such as a Low/Full/Mid switch that allows for restoring part of the dynamics lost during compression, either on the full spectrum range or on selected frequency bands. An automatic gain compensation function is also included and the manufacturer adds that the pedal automatically increases the compression ratio when the signal gets closer to the threshold, a feature that is similar to a limiter.
- Ratio between 1:1 and 20:1
- Max gain: +33 dB
- Attack speed between 8 ms and 27 ms
- Input impedance: 1 MOhms
- Output impedance: 2.75 kOhms
- Powered by a 9V battery or a 9V-18V adapter
More info at www.seymourduncan.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Morley Cliff Burton Tribute Series Power Fuzz Wah Morley pays homage to Metallica’s first bassist with a Signature reissue of its legendary Power Fuzz Wah pedal.
- Laney Nexus-SL bass amp head Laney completes this year its Nexus bass amp series with the new SL hybrid head that combines tubes and USB interface.
- [NAMM] A bass fuzz pedal from Aguilar Aguilar introduces at NAMM 2015 a new solid-state Fuzz pedal for bass, the Fuzzistor.