Boss GEB-7 Bass Equalizer
Boss GEB-7 Bass Equalizer
badgerific badgerific

« Useful pedal, a little noisy. »

Publié le 04/29/11 à 08:14
This is an analog graphic equalizer stompbox from Boss. It's not rackable or able to be edited using a computer. It's features include:

-7 Bands between 50Hz and 10kHz

-Bands are 50Hz, 120Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 800Hz, 4.5KHz and 10KHz

-Overall level control to make up to unity gain or give a boost

-All bands and level boost and cut up to 15dB

-1/4" input and output jacks

-Powered by 9V battery or 9V Boss adaptor

-Buffered bypass

Simple to set up just plug your guitar in and the amp on the output and a battery inside and you're ready to roll. The sliders are very intuitive and easy to play with to change the sound. The range of frequencies on this pedal make it very useful for tone shaping possibilities. I found it very useful to produce a fuller sound with fuzz pedals as some of them tended to cut a bit of the bass frequencies so this eq could be used to boost them a bit.

I find this pedal doesn't color the tone to give it a distinct "Boss EQ sound" too much but does still allow lots of possibility for changing your sound to suit your needs.

The only problem I have with this pedal is that it can be quite noisy when boosting a few things but if you learn to use it by cutting what you don't want and then just boosting the overall level then it can be pretty quiet.

The buffered bypass on this pedal isn't great but as I used this pedal turned on most of the time I never really had a problem with that.

Overall I think this pedal is pretty decent for the price but it was a little too noisy for me to keep in my rig. The main reason I used this pedal was because I preferred the graphic equalizer rather than the parametric one on my ashdown amplifier. After spending more time with my amp I've worked out to do all the things I used to without the pedal so it was useless me keeping it.

If I had certain dirt pedals that I wanted to use regularly then I would probably keep this and use it in a loop with the dirt pedal as I think it's a great use for this pedal.