[NAMM] Daring Audio Edge Activator HD
Daring Audio announces a new High Definition (HD) model to broaden its product line, starting with the Edge Activator HD.
- Two position EQ midrange toggle switch “EQ-Hi” for high midrange cut or boost, and “EQ-Lo” for low midrange cut or boost, with selected frequency centers for enhancing the differences due to playing technique changes: for slap, pop, tapping and harmonics on bass.
- Expansion of the Range control allowing differing amounts of excited or overdrive frequencies to be added in. This expansion now covers some of the range from the classic overdrive Particle Beam.
- Expansion of the Gain control, enabling line level signals for re-amping, previously requiring the Pad switch and now allowing more boost if needed.
- A new toggle switch “Crisp/Smooth” where Crisp allows a full range 20-20K Hz and Smooth provides roll-off for more vintage or classic rock overdrive settings.
- The Blend control now goes 100% wet to 100% dry, allowing use of the preamp with or without the effects of blended overdrive and excitation, according to the company.
Like other Daring Audio pedals, this one has 18V high headroom on a single 9V battery or standard center-negative Boss style 9V adapter and true-bypass switching.
Pricing & Availability:
Pricing is $199 for each pedal. The Edge Activator HD will be available March, 2012. Pre-orders are available now.
You can check out www.daringaudio.com/namm2012 for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] ESP Pancho Tomaseli Signature War/PHILM bassist Pancho Tomaselli gets his first ESP signature model, the LTD PT-4.
- [NAMM] Genz Benz Shuttle 2 Series Genz Benz introduces several new products at NAMM this year, including the new Shuttle II Series.
- [NAMM] Jackson David Ellefson Signature CB-X/CB-XV Jackson introduces 2 new David Ellefson Signature bass models in 4 and 5 strings.