Ashdown After Eight
Ashdown After Eight

After Eight, Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Ashdown in the All Access series.

hendrixisalive 02/03/2014

Ashdown After Eight : hendrixisalive's user review

«  Very good first purchase »

• Partager
15W transistor amp.
Very easy to use.
The gain and master volume are independent, it must be useful to some but not to me. Ditto for the HP output. However the headphone jack is very convenient.
The finish is good and the construction looks solid.

This is my first amp. I chose it after trying other models of other brands (including a fender, a yamaha, and an exotic brand). It is this small ashdown that seemed most convincing.
It is easy to use, power is perfect for repeat alone in his room. With a guitarist bassist buddy buddy OR it goes, but beyond that it's hard to be heard.

The sound is rather round while remaining accurate. It remains quite versatile and goes everywhere. Side of the coin, we can criticize his lack of character, but it is the price of versatility.
With a distortion pedal (Boss DS1) between the amp and bass, you can access a lot more rock sound without being too rough.
If you disable the "deep" button, the bass is very present: the sound is flat blow, but neighbors thank you!

Used for a year, I sold the air to move to a more powerful model wholesale / for a little scene.
I do not regret this purchase, I had not found anything better for that price at the time. Q / P ratio seems very good to me.